cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had Enough

Finally got hold of ebay customer service after 2 days of trying.......to report a TRS for being beligerent when I asked a question and they called me names and threatened me about their negative feedback when I mentioned????????

Customer Service says I was an instigator for saying to a TOP RATED SELLER "I was thinking of buying from you till how I saw your name calling to buyers who left you a negative feedback and said they were ASSMONKEYs???

Im the instigator???????

ALL my items for sale have been pulled,

Done,

As a Top Rated Seller of past...eBay is not what it was......................

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Had Enough

Yep you are right, new FeeBay, shut up and say nothing

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

" "I was thinking of buying from you till how I saw your name calling to buyers who left you a negative feedback and said they were ASSMONKEYs???"

What were you thinking & why send a seller a message like that???

If I see feedback/feedback left/replies to feedback that I don't like then I am mature enough to move on to another seller.

smh

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Yep you are right, new FeeBay, shut up and say nothing
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

What good did you think it would do to tell the seller that you thought they were acting childish in their feedback responses?  They can't change them.  To tell them that you are buying elsewhere because of it would only serve to anger them and you would get the response you got.

They proved that they have little control and lousy customer service sense in their feedback, so contacting them directly would not fix it.  And then to spend days calling CS to tell them about it - when you know they can't and won't do anything about it is futile.  This isn't ebay's fault.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

"This isn't ebay's fault."

Well, yeah, it sorta' is. Those types of FB comments should not be allowed and those types of sellers should be dealt with. Maybe something for a Blue to look into.

OP, is there a Report FB comments or Report Seller anywhere on those pages?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

"Those types of FB comments should not be allowed and those types of sellers should be dealt with"

I agree with you but I believe the buyer needs to report the comments.

" or Report Seller"

The OP is very well versed in reporting sellers.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

So you sent a message to a seller, that acts childish and leaves inflammatory, snarkey feedback just to tell them that their feedback is the reason you wont be doing business with them?.... Then you got your knickers in a knot because they acted exactly as you knew they would?

If you step out in front of a car, you'll get it. You most certainly instigated that, the second you sent an unneeded message since you had 0 intention of doing business with them.

Report the feedback and move along. Not your pool to pee in.
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
"This isn't ebay's fault."

Well, yeah, it sorta' is. Those types of FB comments should not be allowed and those types of sellers should be dealt with. Maybe something for a Blue to look into.

OP, is there a Report FB comments or Report Seller anywhere on those pages?

The recipient of the feedback can report inappropriate comments, and if they don't then the seller will look immature.  And an immature seller will cause buyers to hit the back button.  Which is a good thing because the more buyers that hit the back button, the fewer sales the seller will have and eventually they will go away.

While ebay sorta is at fault for letting it happen, since what happened had zero to do with the OP, they should have just hit the back button and forgotten about it instead of trying to school a seller that has publically shown that they are immature and react badly.

(*Bleep*)
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

"So you sent a message to a seller, that acts childish and leaves inflammatory, snarkey feedback just to tell them that their feedback is the reason you wont be doing business with them?...."

I've sent messages to sellers who did stupid things to explain why I wasn't buying from them. One guy had all sorts of KWS nonsense in Item Specifics for example. He responded as expected and he lost a sale as a result. If he had replied that he was unaware of policy and corrected the issue, I might have bought from him.

If more people did that, more bad sellers might get the message about their bad behavior. Or Messaging would be turned off by The Powers since they may not want their special children annoyed.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
"So you sent a message to a seller, that acts childish and leaves inflammatory, snarkey feedback just to tell them that their feedback is the reason you wont be doing business with them?...."

I've sent messages to sellers who did stupid things to explain why I wasn't buying from them. One guy had all sorts of KWS nonsense in Item Specifics for example. He responded as expected and he lost a sale as a result. If he had replied that he was unaware of policy and corrected the issue, I might have bought from him.

If more people did that, more bad sellers might get the message about their bad behavior. Or Messaging would be turned off by The Powers since they may not want their special children annoyed.

You probably ended up on the BBL.  Some sellers believe it's better to lose a sale than to deal with someone who could be a problem if they made a purchase.  Hear it here all the time.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Did you write that message using your selling ID?  Is that why you pulled your listings?

I see proof of sellers behaving badly rather often, especially in feedback responses.  Funny how many don't know or care how it reflects upon them.  I have given advice on this board to sellers with bad responses but that's as personal as I would ever address it. 

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

@siberians_forever wrote:

eBay is not what it was

I disagree. eBay has always had its share of rude sellers and thin-skinned crusaders. 

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I am sorry you had that experience with a seller on eBay. Sellers should conduct themselves more professionally.

That being said, it would have been best, upon seeing their feedback, too just move on and not engaging with them....You would have avoided all the unpleasantness

You must have understood that that particular seller has a short fuse to begin with (which is not ok) so confronting him would do what for you?

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

"If more people did that, more bad sellers might get the message about their bad behavior."

You really think a seller with the kind of attitude you're talking about is even INTERESTED in either learning a lesson or in your opinion? More likely, sending them notes about their bad behavior will only incite them to practice harder.

Nicgola-0, I'm now making "Not your (my, our, etc) pool to pee in" a part of my Zen. That rocks, man, I DIG IT!!! *L*

Oh, and OP, I can't believe you were surprised when Ebay called YOU the instigator. You started a conversation with someone you had no business starting one with in the first place, for the sole purpose of calling attention to his poor business practices. I think that's pretty close to Webster's definition of "instigate".

Why muddy your mood with others' actions. Worry about your own.
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@siberians_forever wrote:

As a Top Rated Seller of past...eBay is not what it was......................

You mean back when feedback could be given for anyone whether you had a transaction with them or not or that nasty follow-up could have had a negative for the buyer attached?

Message 15 of 28
latest reply