cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUMOR-Another Clueless Buyer Request

Had a buyer come back after I had wrapped and sent an item out all hot and bothered that he hadn't bid or paid for an item and wanted a refund.  I pointed out that it had already gone and since he said he had neither bid nor paid for it, why did he think he deserved a refund?  I reported him to EBay for abusive demand.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

That's a new one.  Wanting a refund for something they didn't actually buy?  Tell them you'll give them back exactly as much as they gave you.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I don't bother with this people.  I just don't answer the question.  If I do, its going to be some thing like this.

"If you continue to pester me, I am going to call the POLICE."

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Could be wrong.........but think OP had already mailed the package.........but buyer claimed he didn't buy or pay for it...........BUT he wanted a refund............

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You're saying the I.D. of paying winner did not match the I.D. of the person who contacted you requesting a refund correct?

Sounds like another new scam to catch sellers off guard but seems odd. I don't think a seller can just refund a person who is acting as if they were the winning bidder unless they are trying to instruct them to send refund to a certain account. 

This is why eBay and PayPal need to get back together. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I might have suggested that he have a look at the history (if using a PC) to determine if/when someone else got on his account to make that purchase.

Maybe a cell phone "pocket purchase".

Somebody bought and paid for it. If not the person with the ID, they need to be figuring out what happened.

Prep yourself for an INAD, or chargeback.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@joseh1445 wrote:

"If you continue to pester me, I am going to call the POLICE."

That would only work if both buyer and seller are in the same precinct as the police you contact. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply