cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUH? Feedback - LOVE it! Thank you! One hour later starts a return.

Really?  You loved it and are thrilled with the fast shipping, then open a return - don't like it.  Of course, I am now out the money to mail it, the money to return it (the heck with free returns, I'm ditching that) and now out the PayPal fees because they don't like it.  After stating how much they love it.  Makes no sense........  My profit is now down to zero.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: HUH? Feedback - LOVE it! Thank you! One hour later starts a return.

Perhaps the spouse didn't like it and threw a tantrum.

Sorry it turned out this way.  Smiley Sad

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Or mom or someone lol...... good point.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@sunshine_in_az wrote:

Really?  You loved it and are thrilled with the fast shipping, then open a return - don't like it.  Of course, I am now out the money to mail it, the money to return it (the heck with free returns, I'm ditching that) and now out the PayPal fees because they don't like it.  After stating how much they love it.  Makes no sense........  My profit is now down to zero.

Technically...you WISH  it was down to zero.  It's actually in the red since you have to pay for the return shipping.

These types of buyers seem to want to purchase items just to get a high when the package arrives (like a Christmas gift or something).

Buyers like this need to just shop at a B&M store where it's not that big a deal for the store to take back the item.  The store would not be out the shipping costs...

Some buyers are so short sighted...they think they are buying FROM eBay...WRONG!  They are buying off of eBay's site from an individual PERSON!

AAAHHHHH!!! 😖

It find the whole short sighted humans thing absolutely frustrating.

I know I know...we can't change them...only try to change our strategies...like, as some other people have suggested, raising your prices just a tad on ALL of your items to cover for these idiotic buyers...(are they buyers?)

Sorry that this is becoming more common place for sellers Smiley Sad...(AND I AM A BUYER!) I don't list very often anymore...thank God.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I have gotten these before as well and for whatever reason after they have it for a short bit they decide they do not want it, like it, somebody else did not like it whatever. Be thankful for the great feedback and get it back and sell it again.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper - "Don't cry because you scored a looney tunes buyer, cry because other people are stupid and it makes you sad." = )
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I had one who immediately asked to cancel as soon as they paid for an item (excuse was "bought by mistake"). One week later here comes the FB - "Got it fast thank you! LOVE it!"

Yeah - that must have been the cheaper one you bought after you cancelled mine
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
I had one who immediately asked to cancel as soon as they paid for an item (excuse was "bought by mistake"). One week later here comes the FB - "Got it fast thank you! LOVE it!"

...OMG...

...no can...Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@sunshine_in_az wrote:

While I do feel your pain, let's not forget that, in the end, it's your "business partner" eBay that allows and encourages these things.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@sunshine_in_az wrote:

Technically...you WISH  it was down to zero.  It's actually in the red since you have to pay for the return shipping.

These types of buyers seem to want to purchase items just to get a high when the package arrives (like a Christmas gift or something).

Buyers like this need to just shop at a B&M store where it's not that big a deal for the store to take back the item.  The store would not be out the shipping costs...

Some buyers are so short sighted...they think they are buying FROM eBay...WRONG!  They are buying off of eBay's site from an individual PERSON!

AAAHHHHH!!! 😖

It find the whole short sighted humans thing absolutely frustrating.

I know I know...we can't change them...only try to change our strategies...like, as some other people have suggested, raising your prices just a tad on ALL of your items to cover for these idiotic buyers...(are they buyers?)

Sorry that this is becoming more common place for sellers Smiley Sad...(AND I AM A BUYER!) I don't list very often anymore...thank God.

Again, let's not forget- none of these things are possible without eBay allowing it and setting up the interface for you to take the abuse- yep- sellers PAY eBay for this!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

Again, let's not forget- none of these things are possible without eBay allowing it and setting up the interface for you to take the abuse- yep- sellers PAY eBay for this!

...eBay and just about every other selling venue you can list on...

...don't you just love industry standards...

...ugh...😒

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

That makes about as much sense as my one and only NEUTRAL feedback which says: "Very happy with merchandise and right on time!"

It takes all kinds...

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

I had that buyer too! :0

Cancelled immediately after payment with "ordered wrong item" excuse, then about a week later, "very fast delivery"

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

...eBay and just about every other selling venue you can list on...

...don't you just love industry standards...

...ugh...😒

Honestly... eBay seems quite a bit more aggressive than other venues to me. Only eBay gives 4 bites of the apple... INR can become SNAD, then even on the rare cases eBay sides with the seller the buyer can go to PayPal and try again, then failing that they have CC chargeback.

Seems on other venues the decision is the decision according to their written policy, unlike the "case by case basis" nonsense that one must endure here.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@packratville wrote:

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

I had that buyer too! :0

Cancelled immediately after payment with "ordered wrong item" excuse, then about a week later, "very fast delivery"

@packratville 

Hey...at least you know that you are very fast at shipping nothingSmiley Very Happy

At least you got a +FB out of the deal...usually you don't even get that.

These posts are such a kick!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply