cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ME INDETIFY THIS ITEMS

Hi All,

i have old house and a lot of old tools in the house but i really do not know how the tools is called even in my language, so in english i would not have any idea. Please let me indetify my items and maybe you can help me with selling title. I have put the numbers to items so, if you know only for one item please let me know and write the number of the item and how is called.

I am trying really hard to change my life but now i must sell things i do not know anything about it and is really hard.

I will appriciate any of your help

Thank you all

Regards

Rok

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: HELP ME INDETIFY THIS ITEMS

@rokosi7

@rokosi7 wrote:

Hi All,

i have old house and a lot of old tools in the house but i really do not know how the tools is called even in my language, so in english i would not have any idea. Please let me indetify my items and maybe you can help me with selling title. I have put the numbers to items so, if you know only for one item please let me know and write the number of the item and how is called.

I am trying really hard to change my life but now i must sell things i do not know anything about it and is really hard.

I will appriciate any of your help

Thank you all

Regards

Rok

1 is a pipe flare tool.. no value

many others are wood working tools, little value.

Without makers name hard to put a value on them.

There are tool collectors out there...

But not knowing the maker, hard to say.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

2 scribe

3 awls

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

1 - looks like it might be a wire stripping tool... can't see it closeup enough to tell for certain

2 - a compass... a tool for drawing circles and arcs

3 - awls... for punching holes in various materials

7 - looks like a caliper... used to get an exact thickness, etc. measure of an object held between the jaws

9 - rasps... rough files used to smooth surfaces down, especially wood

11 - looks like it's an old drawer pull (handle)... not a tool

12 - don't know what the sawtoothed or smooth-edge blades would be used for specifically... looks like you could 'saw' with them, but pretty short

Can't see the other pieces well enough and know little about old tools anyway.. will be interested in what the knowledgeable folks are able to add.  Fun and interesting old grouping.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@dabunk2000 @rokosi7

@dabunk2000 wrote:

2 scribe

3 awls

For sure items for a wood lathe, that big metal part is the rest for the blades

and there are wood bits.  Some of the others not sure, but mostly wood working.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

11 Is called a draw knife

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Almost all of these tools are wood working tools.

They're for working with molding or baseboard.

Lets see how I can do here:

1 ~ Dowel Tool , but not sure because we have a similar tool in the aircraft industry but it has larger holes

2 ~ Compasss

3 ~ Awls

4 ~ I don't know but I can assure you it has value!

5 ~ Hand Chisels

6 ~ Not sure but it looks like an old wire stripper

7 ~ I can't see it good enough

8 ~ Looks like a carpet or baseboard tool

9 ~ The hole in them has me stumped

10 ~ ?

11 - A draw tool for shaving down wood, both concave & convex

12 - Moldong saws

I tried my best without looking at the web

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thank you all, please keep giving me soulutions 😉

Now i like also to ask, how could i do it? I have a lot of woodworking tools and also other stuff in the house but i really do not know how to sell them because not know of the item name and value.  I have listed Belzer chisels i think they are really rare but i could not find the info in the web anywere.  I came from small country and there are no honest dealers to give me propriet price for all of the items Defently in the house are still high value items and also more with lower value but i think there is more then 500.000 items in the house and i simply do not how to strat to sell all in the shortest time avaliabe... Please advise 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Knowing the value of what you have to sell is important, and there is no way around just digging in and doing the research.

The worth of any item is the amount a buyer is willing to pay.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

These are old fashion wood working tools, mostly cabinet tools.

#11 is a draw plane for corners AKA spoke shave

#12 are cabinet saws

#4  saw set, for adjusting or setting the offset required on hand saw blades

#8 is a cabinet scraper

#2 Compass

#3 Awls

#9 looks like a hand chisel

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I think monkey is right, #8 is a wood lathe rest
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I don't know what any of those tools are called ,, but I'm pretty sure  my dad had most of them . He was a carpenter / contracter  in the old days .  However here's an idea ,, make a  vintage style tool wreath . You can drill small holes in the tools  you can or attach wire to the ones you can't . Pick up the bases for the wreath at any craft shop , spray paint them , then attach a few of the tools  to each one . I think they would make a unique  decor item for any man cave . Plus look at the bright side ,, with this idea you don't need to know what any of them are called . 🙂 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

10 Might be a push drill.

Picture is a bit hard to tell for sure.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

1. Looks like a crimper/forming/shaping tool for tubing or soft metals. Not a stripper or flaring tool.

2.Dividers for transferring/scribing measurments

3. Awls

4. Looks like a crimping/embossing type tool with an adjustable stop (put controlled depth dimple in edge of sheetmetal maybe)

5. Wood lathe cutting tools

6. ?

7.  ?

8.  Might be a lathe tool rest  (seems familiar but not recalling)

9.  Look like might be wood lathe tools for forming or cutting (hole fits on a pin on rest and allows leverage on workpiece to cut wood or to form soft thin metals?)

10. ?

11. Spoke shave - curved plane for round object planing (table legs, etc)

12. first one looks like a Japanese saw for detail work. Other 2 look like maybe wood lathe cutooff saws?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply