cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ALL MY LISTINGS WERE REMOVED “Offensive material policy”

did anyone else receive an email today saying listings are removed because of  offensive material policy. I’m freaking out because I had 1800 items and everything was removed but 1. I have no idea what is going on because I only sell Vintage collectibles and clothing!!!  Nothing offensive!! Hope someone can tell me what is going on!!

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: HELP ALL MY LISTINGS WERE REMOVED “Offensive material policy”

@redvelvet15 wrote:
I only have one account

brian.t@ebay

Brian.t has responded today to another thread, maybe he is still active and will see this.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 31 of 93
latest reply

@redvelvet15 wrote:

did anyone else receive an email today saying listings are removed because of  offensive material policy. I’m freaking out because I had 1800 items and everything was removed but 1. I have no idea what is going on because I only sell Vintage collectibles and clothing!!!  Nothing offensive!! Hope someone can tell me what is going on!!

I hope that this may help you at the very least in retrieving some of your listings.

You have 2,129 Completed Listings currently showing.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/redvelvet15/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p20... 

Items for sale by redvelvet15 eBay.png

Message 33 of 93
latest reply

@tonto1117 wrote:

Same thing has happened to me!!!! I'm freaking out! 1000+ listings gone. I am a top rated seller with 100% feedback for 2 decades! I also sell vintage and antiques. Had no listing in "Black Americana" or anything that would be considered "offensive" What the he** is going on???????? Have you gotten a hold of anyone yet?

I hope that this may help you at the very least in retrieving some of your listings.

You have 500 Completed Listings currently showing.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tonto1117/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046... 

Items for sale by tonto1117 eBay.png

Message 34 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@redvelvet15 wrote:

Hi @redvelvet15, I recommend you refer to the email we sent when your listings were ended. You are able to relist anything that does not violate our Offensive Materials policy (more details can be found in the email you received). You are welcome to contact Customer Service with any additional questions or concerns you may have about relisting a specific item.

Message 35 of 93
latest reply

Okay - fine and dandy but WHY remove ALL their listings if only SOME (or ONE) are deemed offensive?

Overkill?
Message 36 of 93
latest reply

WHY remove ALL their listings if only SOME (or ONE) are deemed offensive?

Indeed.   Sort of like trying to kill a mosquito with a hand grenade.  Likely a function of poor tech, or ebay will gain monetarily from this approach. 

Message 37 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ittybitnot wrote:

WHY remove ALL their listings if only SOME (or ONE) are deemed offensive?

Indeed.   Sort of like trying to kill a mosquito with a hand grenade.  Likely a function of poor tech, or ebay will gain monetarily from this approach. 

Hi @ittybitnot, while I won't be able to discuss the OP's situation, I can confirm that these reviews and the action taken is done by a human being, so poor tech wouldn't be a factor. Sometimes mistakes may be made, but I've had this situation reviewed and can confirm the correct action was taken. When we have concerns with a significant number of violations, when a violation is considered quite serious, or when the number of listings that need to be individually reviewed is unfeasible (bearing in mind that we must address an incredibly large number of potential violations each day), we will end the listings and educate the seller as to why so they can review and relist those that are not considered violations. 

As for financial gain, I'm sure you can understand that we only make money when our sellers make money - while taking action on potentially harmful content on our marketplace protects our brand and ensures a healthy platform for our buyers and sellers, ending a listing does not directly produce monetary gain. Fees are credited where appropriate, time is taken to review the listings and provide education to the seller, and additional time may be needed if the seller contacts us with additional questions. 

While ending listings may seem like an overreaction in some instances, I do want to clarify that a) the listings are not removed from the site entirely in these situations, but instead ended so the seller can review and relist and b) a seller who has violated one of our site policies is responsible for addressing their inventory so there are further concerns moving forward. While there are times where only a small number of listings are removed and sellers are expected to review their remaining listings to make appropriate changes, this unfortunately does not always lead to changes being made promptly, and if a seller misses something in their review by mistake, they would still face more severe consequences for repeated violations. These are risks we can avoid by by taking more widespread action, as this removes any potential violations and also helps to minimize the chances of further restrictions or the loss of eBay privileges for sellers who didn't make all of the necessary changes to live listings.

Message 38 of 93
latest reply

@gwzcomps 

...lol...lol...lol...

Message 39 of 93
latest reply

I thought I would try being positive for a change 🙃
Message 40 of 93
latest reply

Exactly! Now they send me a generated email in response to my phone call and nothing makes sense because they removed 1900 listings when there might have been 3 “black Americana” figurines. Ofcourse you can’t reply to the email either when they promised me over the phone I would be able to respond once I heard back from that department! I’ve lost a full day of sales and god knows we all need it!! I’m about to really lose it with them!!
Message 41 of 93
latest reply

My advice to anyone who have had their listings taken down today is to contact eBay. Bombard them with complaints. Let your voice be heard. Make sure you mention how hypocritical it is that they are redefining what is "offensive" when they just had a scandal where senior officials have sent a couple pig's blood and live spiders.

Message 42 of 93
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

"On a positive note we have 50K free listings right now for store subscribers."

Well, great. I'm in Nashville, and was just about to list 12K each... Dixie Chicks, Confederate Railroad and Lady Antebellum CDs, plus 2K Kid Rock posters. Dang!

@gwzcomps, @bbravo65 ... LOL

Message 43 of 93
latest reply

Yes, eBay has been happy to make money on all the items you have sold in the past but today they have rewritten their policy on what is HATEFUL VIOLENT OR OFFENSIVE, so now they have sent letters to buyers who list ie Black Americana items telling them that these sellers are racist and are being punished for their horribleness by removing their items. They are feeling very proud to shame us for what yesterday they were not the least bit offended by.
Message 44 of 93
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

"On a positive note we have 50K free listings right now for store subscribers."

Well, great. I'm in Nashville, and was just about to list 12K each... Dixie Chicks, Confederate Railroad and Lady Antebellum CDs, plus 2K Kid Rock posters. Dang!

@bbravo65 ... LOL

Looks like Lady A may be infringing by changing their name

Message 45 of 93
latest reply