cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

Ebay is being flooded by china sellers, selling bareminerals, younique products, mac,dior,chanel etc. Where does eBay think these sellers in china are getting this from? I've emailed griff about it, he just tells me feedback doesn't mean that the products are fakes. etc.. etc.. The last 6 months chinese sellers have invaded the makeup market on eBay and legitimate sellers are being run out of town.  Just sad...

I just don't understand how eBay can allow shippers from china to list BRAND name makeup. Whaaat? 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

@pius558 wrote:

Ebay is being flooded by china sellers, selling bareminerals, younique products, mac,dior,chanel etc. Where does eBay think these sellers in china are getting this from? I've emailed griff about it, he just tells me feedback doesn't mean that the products are fakes. etc.. etc.. The last 6 months chinese sellers have invaded the makeup market on eBay and legitimate sellers are being run out of town.  Just sad...

I just don't understand how eBay can allow shippers from china to list BRAND name makeup. Whaaat? 

Online selling sites are filled with this garbage because people BUY it, and CONTINUE to buy it, because they don't care.

They'd rather have their $2 junk than fork over more to have real, quality, and safe items.

You can't fully blame the Chinese, they're just taking advantage of cheap idiots who don't give a rat's behind what they buy or where they buy it as long as it's cheap and looks good. Doesn't matter if it only lasts five minutes because "hey, it's only two bucks and I sure looked good for a while! I'll just throw this one away and buy another".

If the market for their trash wasn't here they wouldn't be selling it.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Re: Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

America is no longer a country. It's a business, a crooked one at that and China is at the front of the line.

Awesome statement, my mouth dropped open.

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

I wasn't a fan of Ross Perot anymore than I'm a fan of the choices we have available right now.  That having been said, he was 100% correct:

The phrase, which Perot coined during the 1992 US presidential campaign, referred to the sound of US jobs heading south for Mexico should the NAFTA, the proposed so-called free-trade agreement, go into effect.

In the second 1992 Presidential Debate, Ross Perot argued:

We have got to stop sending jobs overseas. It's pretty simple: If you're paying $12, $13, $14 an hour for factory workers and you can move your factory South of the border, pay a dollar an hour for labor,...have no health care—that's the most expensive single element in making a car— have no environmental controls, no pollution controls and no retirement, and you don't care about anything but making money, there will be a giant sucking sound going south.
    ...when [Mexico's] jobs come up from a dollar an hour to six dollars an hour, and ours go down to six dollars an hour, and then it's leveled again. But in the meantime, you've wrecked the country with these kinds of deals.[1]

Perot ultimately lost the election, and the winner, Bill Clinton, supported NAFTA, which went into effect on January 1, 1994.

I'm hoping we don't end up with a repeat performance and 4 year (or maybe 😎 years this time round.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 18 of 42
latest reply

This isn't about usa sellers selling fakes. this is about chinese sellers, shipping from china... they are even in the top 5 best match with 9 day handling times. #sad

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

@pius558 wrote:

This isn't about usa sellers selling fakes. this is about chinese sellers, shipping from china... they are even in the top 5 best match with 9 day handling times. #sad

HUH?

My post was about the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) and not about USA sellers selling fakes.  My post was about the US government agreements on international trade.  It is only going to get worse until WE THE PEOPLE put a stop to it.  In 1994 NAFTA was passed and approved by Bill Clinton, international trade has continued on a very one sided path with the USA being on the short end of the stick.

Blink Blink
Message 20 of 42
latest reply

Hi Pinup,

What most people do not realize is that not only have most of these manufacturing jobs gone overseas...so has the equipment.

Back in 2000 I was approached to be part of a commercial liaison team that involved the implementation of massive shiploads of used factory equipment over to China, which by the way offered me $40 per hour minimum 40 hours per week with all expenses paid such as lodging/meals etc that I eventually turned down.

They were buying up the equipment from closed businesses for pennies on the dollar and having them shipped over to them there.

The challenge was that they needed folks from this country that knew how to set up and operate them to be part of a team to set them up there.

Where did all those commercial sewing machines go after the fabric and clothing industries closed? Many ended up in windrows in old rundown warehouses and the many of them ended up leaving the country.

Where did all the machining tool and die parts go when these factories closed here...

Where is the shoe & footwear machines...molds etc now.

Where is the leather made now and what about all the leather factories that our government put out of business that populated states like Massachusetts, New Hampshire, & Maine?

Folks, the businesses would have an extremely difficult time returning...why, first of all the Government has banned many of the supplies used in these industries...let alone much of the equipment is GONE.

We no longer get saw blades sharpened here because the blades made in China (which most of them are) are far cheaper than what we had made here 20 years ago and there are few machine tool places other than in the large urban areas. People argue this was for our benefit...no it isn't.

An American blade may cost $80 to $125 dollars but I COULD have it resharpened at least 10 times for about $10 to $12...Now I pay $40 to $55 for one made in China with just one use because there are so few folks that sharpen them now and those rates have skyrocketed because so few folks sharpen anymore.

So before we wish these jobs back...many of us know that the many of the jobs can not return even if we wanted them to be because much of the machine and supplier base for them is gone....and I mean gone.

Mr C
Message 21 of 42
latest reply

@thehealthyhomestead wrote:
Hi Pinup,

What most people do not realize is that not only have most of these manufacturing jobs gone overseas...so has the equipment.

Back in 2000 I was approached to be part of a commercial liaison team that involved the implementation of massive shiploads of used factory equipment over to China, which by the way offered me $40 per hour minimum 40 hours per week with all expenses paid such as lodging/meals etc that I eventually turned down.

They were buying up the equipment from closed businesses for pennies on the dollar and having them shipped over to them there.

The challenge was that they needed folks from this country that knew how to set up and operate them to be part of a team to set them up there.

Where did all those commercial sewing machines go after the fabric and clothing industries closed? Many ended up in windrows in old rundown warehouses and the many of them ended up leaving the country.

Where did all the machining tool and die parts go when these factories closed here...

Where is the leather made now and what about all the leather factories that our government put out of business that populated states like Massachusetts, New Hampshire, & Maine?

Folks, the businesses would have an extremely difficult time returning...why, first of all the Government has banned many of the supplies used in these industries...let alone much of the equipment is GONE.

We no longer get saw blades sharpened here because the blades made in China (which most of them are) are far cheaper than what we had made here 20 years ago and there are few machine tool places other than in the large urban areas. People argue this was for our benefit...no it isn't.

An American blade may cost $80 to $125 dollars but I COULD have it resharpened at least 10 times for about $10 to $12...Now I pay $40 to $55 for one made in China with just one use because there are so few folks that sharpen them now and those rates have skyrocketed because so few folks sharpen anymore.

So before we wish these jobs back...many of us know that the many of the jobs can not return even if we wanted them to be because much of the machine and supplier base for them is gone....and I mean gone.

Mr C

I have no doubt in the validity of your post.  The Chinese are very intelligent and resourceful people who plan things for the long haul.  I believe we CAN turn this around.  We didn't get OURSELVES into this problem over night and we aren't going to get OURSELVES out of it over night.  People want to be angry at China... Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Blink Blink
Message 22 of 42
latest reply

AND, let me give you a great example of US buying China, then selling it as real. I had a gal who bought Silver Chains from me, mine were plated, of course, but she found she could buy them from China for less than a dollar and they were real 925 silver.  Now you and I know her selling them at flea markets as really sterling for 10-15 dollars is wrong, but she emailed me and tells me she sells out every week.  I told her they were not real silver, cut one at the end, since she has bought them so cheap and see for herself.  She said she doesnt even care.  She is making a killing, so if you are ever in South Florida at a flea market, expect everything to be fake.  Her whole family is now buying Michael Kors purse, nike shoes, all sorts of things from China and you just won't believe this but people believe them when they buy that pair of shoes for 40.00-60.00 and after three wearing, they fall apart, but guess who already has their money.  As long as there are Americans who continue to sell that Chinese **bleep** and they know it is fake, but say, I'm from the US, you know it has to be real and just don 't give a **bleep**, then China will always be in business

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

Not sure what if anything is different about the last six months since eBay has always been the wasteland for counterfeit makeup - errr.......counterfeit anything.

And it's not just China. the last two counterfeits I bought were from US Sellers. Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@pinupsplus wrote:

Hi Pinup,

Mr C

I have no doubt in the validity of your post.  The Chinese are very intelligent and resourceful people who plan things for the long haul.  I believe we CAN turn this around.  We didn't get OURSELVES into this problem over night and we aren't going to get OURSELVES out of it over night.  People want to be angry at China... Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Hi Pinup,

I just want to make sure readers understand that what you mention...having great value...is not what I was expressing.

No hate...no choosing to point a finger to a specific group...just experience and facts.

All the nationalism in the world and all the RAH RAH will not miraculously make machinery appear out of thin air.

The reason the jobs left is because the government wanted them to leave...there is no other answer.

Sometimes the simple answers bear far more truth than over thinking things.

So as long as our government has decided and dictated and imposed upon us here in the US that we are not to be a base manufacturing/producing nation but rather a consumer based nation we CAN NOT turn things around.

Mr C

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

@terprov wrote:

Welcome to my world, China started copying my items in 2009, killed a lot of my sales.  I no longer sell to China, but they just get someone with a warehouse in LA to buy and then ship it to them.  Always happens when I come out with some new items, they will sell great for 3-6 months, then I get a China order and they are flooding ebay within 3 months with the same thing, well not exactly the same thing.  Material is cheap, setting are flimsy and most of the time I get the customer back and she/he is going to my website instead to get free shipping.  Used to drive me crazy, but this year, I have seen such a rise in my webstore, that I am no longer complainting.  Let them sell those inferior items, the customers that buy them when there nose falls off because of the lead in the makeup, do we really want those customer anyway.  They will just complain that they can buy it somewhere else 20.00 cheaper than you and leave you not so great feedback.  The customer who really know there stuff will never buy from China, but I do agree, Ebay should be cleaning up this mess, instead of making it easier for them to copy every USA trademark there is.  Now if this is a USA seller, even if they are selling the real deal, they just cancel all their listing, but the Chinese, no they play under a completely different set of rules.  They sell everything they can steal from anyone and when your president of ebay gives them the items first hand they sold the best the previous year, like I said before, this place should be called chinabay

The Ceo Weinig not only gave them the hot products as far back as 2 years ago but admitted giving them the specs and was bragging how the Chinese then had the products up for sale in about 30 days.  Ebay has openly stated that China is what they needed to be able to achieve their growth goals and they gave the Chinese the house in exchange for it.  Ebay cannot track IP addresses in China so if a seller actually does get shut down all they have to do is open another account and start over.  They can even take over another sellers account or one that the government has set up for just such situations so that the money keeps rolling into China.  What Ebay still has not figured out is that the Chinese never buy items, unless its for the purposes stated above, so Ebay is shooting themselves in the foot by destroying their US seller base who are also buyers, then they can't figure why their revenues keep falling.  

Ebay also just partnered up with a city in China to help set up production, storage etc of goods so that this city will now be manufacturing more items to be sold on ebay, most of which will be cheap knockoffs of name brand goods.  It has even slowly starting to hit the trading card industry as they have started manufacturing the cards quickly after they come out and many times forging autographs.

But Ebay is not going to stop any of this.  I actually wonder if their contract with China does not allow them to cancel fakes and counterfeits, but leaves it up to the Chinese Government to handle these types of issues (what a joke).  Then with the Spring Seller Update they opened the fine jewelry classification to the cheap gold plated and filled items so that the Chinese could then start selling in that category also, which will eventually destroy it for those that actually sell fine jewelry.  

Its obvious that Ebay is depending on China to keep them alive and well, but again they just do not have the ability to see the overall big picture of what they are doing to their own company.  Those on Wall Street evidently see it as the price has dropped considerably since the Paypal Spin off, although recently the drop seems to have stopped.  But if Ebay does not get the stock price heading back up sooner rather than later they are going to be a prime takeover target for some other company, who may just be more interested in STub Hub or something else Ebay has its hands in than continuing an auction site that has antiquated software and can't seem to fix things without breaking something else.

Stepping off the soapbox.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

@banana-posts wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Best feature on ebay -

The US only button.

If more people used it, the problem would take care of itself.

Not any more. The Chinese now lease space, usually in CA. Store their junk there and claim US residency. Some don't even bother to store their stuff there. They just claim they live in the US and ship directly from China. 

And Ebay has admitted they are helping them to accomplish this feat as they feel it will help them increase their sales in the US.

David

TWnpopcards

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

@pinupsplus wrote:

Hi Pinup,

Mr C

Hi Pinup,

I just want to make sure readers understand that what you mention...having great value...is not what I was expressing.

No hate...no choosing to point a finger to a specific group...just experience and facts.

All the nationalism in the world and all the RAH RAH will not miraculously make machinery appear out of thin air.

The reason the jobs left is because the government wanted them to leave...there is no other answer.

Sometimes the simple answers bear far more truth than over thinking things.

So as long as our government has decided and dictated and imposed upon us here in the US that we are not to be a base manufacturing/producing nation but rather a consumer based nation we CAN NOT turn things around.

Mr C

Hi Mr C,

I really didn't think you were "hating"... It was just a general thought.  And I agree that we can't change things until our government decides to make the RIGHT changes and level the playing field.  But there are things that we can do and that is open our eyes.  People want $15.00 per hour for flipping burgers and on top of that a generous benefits package of vacation, sick pay, health benefits, etc.  Instead of people getting their $15.00 per hour, they will end up getting their pink slips as automation becomes more of a way of life.  Who really needs that sweet little girl/boy welcoming you when you can walk over to a kiosk and input your order exactly the way you want it.  We've already seen the self help check outs at our local grocery and hardware stores

Blink Blink
Message 28 of 42
latest reply

I'm not ordering anything online from China. If I get a package that k suspect shipped from there it's being returned
Message 29 of 42
latest reply

eBay Highlights China Exports 😞

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m06/i13/s03

Message 30 of 42
latest reply