cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a negative from a buyer for using the post office

Mailed it free of charge, they say they didn't get it until 5 days later even though tracking stated it was delivered.  My fault for using the USPS! Yes, I actually mailed it, and quickly too.  They contact me saying I should not have used the USPS for mailing since their post office is terrible. It was a first class weight item, I would not have mailed any other way, but never mind that, I was just suppose to know this. Oh the powers some of these buyers think we have! So thinking since this was out of my control, eBay would remove it. WRONG! They gave their general canned answer..."Its the buyers experience and it did not violate any of our policies so we cannot remove."   I just needed to vent. 

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Got a negative from a buyer for using the post office

Update: eBay removed the negative, yea!!!  It pays to remind them of their policy sometimes.  Shouldn't have to but thats the way it goes here.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

That is horrible, makes no sense on ebays end either.  Did you happen to look to see if this buyer has left odd reviews for other purchases as well or were you singled out? Just makes you wonder. 

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Just reply politely and move on.  I get people getting angry all the time because they claim "you never sent it" because the tracking just says that a label has been created and "my friend who works for the Post Office says it's because YOU NEVER MAILED IT", when the reality is they could take the package around the world 5 times but if they never scanned it, it will still say just "label created".

The reality is, the post office sucks, but most of the time it's the only real option as the customer isn't going to pay $12 for UPS or FedEX to ship an 8 ounce package.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

Some people. Smh. I like the ones that give negs of "The movie wasn't very good." or "I didn't like the music." These people must think they are on Yelp. 

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

Reply in feedback, “USPS experiencing documented delays in shipping” If you are continuing to experience problems with lower cost shipping service like first class switch to Priority Mail and add that cost to the cost of your items until USPS gets their act together again.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

A seller uses the shipping service and carrier of their choice, not the buyer, unless the buyer is given options in the listing.  You can tell them I always ship this item with (this service).  If you used ESE then they usually get marked "delivered" and show up a day or more later.  This is normal USPS delivery for ESE.  This customer is unreasonable.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

During a phone call I had a few years ago with an eBay manager, I was invited to apply for top rated plus seller membership.  I did so and was accepted into the program immediately.   I omitted the plus from my initial post.

I was not aware that there was a top rated seller category (without the plus).

Regards

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@ferrucciobusoni wrote:

During a phone call I had a few years ago with an eBay manager, I was invited to apply for top rated plus seller membership.  I did so and was accepted into the program immediately.   I omitted the plus from my initial post.

I was not aware that there was a top rated seller category (without the plus).

Regards

Interesting.  I've been TRS since the beginning of the program.  I wasn't invited, I just met the requirements to achieve that status.

TRS+ is not by category, it is a status that each listing must meet the requirements to obtain the TRS+ badge.  A seller can have some listing qualify and others that don't.  It isn't all or nothing.

The requirements to have the TRS+ badge on your listing, give the sellers a single perk, 10% off their FVFs on the listings.  TRS+ is a LISTING designation only.

Top Rated Plus

As a Top Rated Seller, you can qualify for a Top Rated Plus seal and additional benefits when your listings offer the following services:

• Same or one-business-day handling, and
  • A 30-day-or-longer free return period with money back option.

You can choose to offer these in some or all listings. For listings that qualify, you earn the following benefits

• The Top Rated Plus seal, displayed prominently in search results and your listing description.
  • A 10% discount on final value fees.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/protections/top-rated-program

Some sellers in certain categories can have a 14 day free return policy.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 38 of 38
latest reply