cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Below Standard Rating

Hello,

I got a below standard rating on my selling account because I did not respond of a few return / refund requests in time. I have a store but I am in the process of winding down my ebay activity and was even before my account got downgraded. For my products it is simply too much hassel to sell here / the income is not worth the time and aggravation commitment.

Now I am curious:

How will my fees change based on this below standard rating? Elsewhere I have read that FVF fees increase if your account is ranked below standard. Where in my account can I look at my current fee rate?

Is there any way to get a "below standard" account forgiven other than  by dropping prices and selling a lot of inventory quickly to bring down the defect percentage?

If that is the only option I might just keep my inventory intact and close up shop at eBay sooner rather than later and move elsewhere.

If eBay were just a venue rather than a paternalistic mediator between buyers and sellers I am confident it would bring in much more fee revenue that way and have happier buyers and sellers.

Rather than just venue eBay seems to like micromanage to the detriment of everybody.

For the past 15 years eBay has shown it does not respect its sellers. Why should sellers work for free for eBay as "product experts?" The mismanagement of this company is incredible, but not unexpected for Silicon Valley, the land of unicorns where hoaxes like Theranos become billion dollar enterprises. As eBay increases its fees, increases the complexity of its byzantine rules, increases its draconian punishments toward sellers, and makes its website less usable and breaks the search engine, it is only, in the long run decreasing the value of its company. eBay could have had a simple rule set that would fit on a single page, a simple straight forward search engine, and reciprocal buyer - seller feedback rules and collected 100s of billions of dollars as the Internet's primary market place venue, a digital bazaar (eBay started before Amazon). The whole operation could have be run with maybe 100 staff, maximum. Instead eBay chose to become an unwieldy behemoth that is now collapsing under its own weight. It is mind boggling.

Why does eBay think it does better by introducing addtional (often partially broken) complexity? When I shop at the mall if I get a product I don't like I deal with it with merchant I bought it from. It would be absurd for the real estate holding companies that own malls to be mediating the intricacies of individual buyer-seller interaction.

Good luck with the catalogue 😕

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0