Did you mean: 

Good 'Til Cancelled???

???

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Good 'Til Cancelled???

another problem with auctions is all the deadbeat "buyers" 

BIN allows the option of Require Immediate Payment (not an option with auctions). The percentage of cases opened for auction "sales" by deadbeats is why I always chose BIN - WITHOUT Best Offer.

Message 16 of 86
latest reply

Agreed. This is absolutely horrible. It will definitely negatively impact our business. The sellers need control of their postings. No one has the time to track each one of their posting and end the ones that don't look like they're going to sell in 29 1/2 days. That's crazy but that's the only suggestion the Ebay Reps I spoke with could get me. I would look at each posting that didn't sell and evaluate why it didn't sell and decide to either revise it or not repost.  The only explanation could be that this is a disparate money grab for Ebay.  That hope is people won't paid attention and continue to pay month after month for postings that are automatically reposted when they don't sell.  Ebay don't want to listen to their sellers. In this case they have a short sighted view and want money each month on postings seller may not want to relist. Why not focus on helping sellers sell their items so everybody wins.  This makes zero sense but Ebay apparently doesn't what to hear that.  

Message 17 of 86
latest reply

Just discovered it this evening when trying to post some new items!  EBAY needs to re-evaluate their decision to remove the 30 day posting option.  We like to decide WHEN and IF we relist an item and it is certainly VERY inconvenient to try to remember to end a post!  This is most likely going to lead to us exceeding our posting limits per month.   Not happy with EBAY at all right now!

Message 18 of 86
latest reply

Just in case anyone from eBay is monitoring this, I too greatly dislike this change of eliminating the 30 day duration.

This might push even more people away from eBay to start selling things on various cell phone based apps.

Tom

Message 19 of 86
latest reply

The other side of the coin Ebay has not considered is that many sellers are also buyers.  For me that comes to an end if the Ebay management does not see the huge mistake they have made.  I will be buying my $20,000 in products I buy each year on Ebay from other sources once I cancel my store subscription.  I am sure 20K is no big deal to Ebay but it is more than I sell each year for sure.  The impact of this horrible decision will come back to haunt Ebay in the next few months and years.  Sellers are buyers too!

Message 20 of 86
latest reply

This plus the forced “accept offers” when I list on the app is enough for me to be done with eBay. I don’t think I’ll be listing any more items.  There are plenty of other places to sell. 

Message 21 of 86
latest reply

Actually, if ebayers wanted it, they would select it.
Message 22 of 86
latest reply

I agree;  sometimes I wonder who's coming up with these new selling policies.  I need to evaluate each month whether to relist or not based on the # of watchers.  In sales, there is something called "The Take Away" to motivate Buyers to take action.   Very often, a Watcher contacts me after the listing ends to ask if I am relisting an item.  At this point, I ask for the commitment to Buy from the Watcher and close the sale by relisting at Buy It Now. Who's coming up with these new policies that stifle sales and encourage Buyer complacency.  Internet is now ripe for a serious Ebay competitor.  

Message 23 of 86
latest reply

Money grab, money grab, money grab....I'll be going back to using auctions, which means not listing as many items. eBay has been updating the sellers to death. No way I'm using Good Until Cancelled, absolutely no way

Message 24 of 86
latest reply

I am so glad I saw these posts! I thought I had made an error on my account settings. I D NOT WANT TO KEEP RELISTING my items. Watchers DO NOT want to see the same items month after month. People stop looking at them and never ever sell. They are my listings and I should be able to decide how and when I will sell them. This has really upset me and will be even more work ending them before they relist. Big Brother is not welcome.
Message 25 of 86
latest reply

I don't need Help from Ebay.   Their the One who Needs Our Help.  Ebay!!! Wake Up Before it's too Late.   If No One Sells (Ebay) Your Done. Let All Quit Selling and Wake Them Up.  Tom (Hallmarktown)   20 Year Member  But Not For Long  GTC  Got to Go!

Message 26 of 86
latest reply

Add one more who thinks this is ridiculous.  Premium store, power seller status and I can't make my own decisions anymore?  Just made the jump to premium too so 11 more months of trying to keep track of this on 1,000+ listings unless I want to pay premium store cancellation fees.  Would have never upgraded if I knew this was coming.

Message 27 of 86
latest reply

Total Money Grab ! We are paying them to have a store but can't run it the way we want, now they repay us by dictating how we sell.

I will be making sure I don't have more listings than I pay for.

They will not make more off me in a dishonest way !!!!

I will work around it and sell my extra items elsewhere like Etsy where you have more rights.

Hopefully someone in the main office will take note and realize it is going to bite them in the butt, They will loose money in the long run.

Message 28 of 86
latest reply

People at Ebay are techies not sales. Clueless.
Message 29 of 86
latest reply

Last night I tweeted #ebaymoneymongers.. First it was if we meet certain terms we would get a 20% discount, which they took away and made it 10%, if they offer it at all anymore.. Then I opened a store with a certain amount of FREE listings, but when I went to schedule listing I was being charge a scheduling fee! Which was not disclosed anywhere?? So I closed my sore 24 hours later.. They raise our listing fee to 35 cents and now take away our control of our own listings!!!  eBay has forgotten the sellers that have made them, all for the almighty dollar.. Although in the cyber world it's called a change in terms, what they have done on all accounts is actually breached contracts with all their sellers, especially where we had to meet performance standards for our discounts!!  What we need is a class action attorney?? 

Message 30 of 86
latest reply