cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy retiring online bookkeeping

Just got the following email from GoDaddy.  Of course, that is the service I use.  I hate change.

Online Bookkeeping will retire in 30 days.

After much consideration, we've made the decision to discontinue Online Bookkeeping on June 18, 2022. At that time, the Online Bookkeeping tool will stop importing transactions from your connected channels and your existing data will be archived. To provide you with the best possible experience going forward, we've partnered with Intuit to offer you a special discount on QuickBooks Online.

You have until September 30 to download your Online Bookkeeping content. You can either move your data to QuickBooks using our migration tool or export your .csv file and import it to another accounting platform. You'll receive a prorated return for any time remaining on your term.

We appreciate your business and are here to help make your transition as smooth as possible.

Anyone have experience with QuickBooks, good or bad?

Message 1 of 221
latest reply
220 REPLIES 220

Re: GoDaddy retiring online bookkeeping

Quickbooks is a nightmare that you never wake up from. have to go accounting school to understand. Does not work well with ebay at all

Message 166 of 221
latest reply

Quickbooks is a nightmare for the just small ebay seller 

Message 167 of 221
latest reply

We have the same problem.  Some of our Ebay fees are not even integrating. Completely lost as we are not bookkeepers

Message 168 of 221
latest reply

Quickbooks sucks. Not really set up for ebay

Message 169 of 221
latest reply

We are completely lost on QB. We are nickel dime seller and it looks like Ebay may be losing a Seller. 

Thanks Godaddy for throwing many Ebay sellers under the Bus. 

Message 170 of 221
latest reply

Ours is not working with QB either

Message 171 of 221
latest reply

Godaddy really thru Ebay Sellers under the bus on this. Not a clue how QB works.

Message 172 of 221
latest reply

QB is the most confusing thing I have ever saw. Godaddy was great. 

Message 173 of 221
latest reply

Amen to that. if they would even raise the fee gladly stay with Godaddy BK

Message 174 of 221
latest reply

I would pay more also

Message 175 of 221
latest reply

I've been checking out My Reseller Genie lately, which was developed specifically for most online resellers. It seems to be the closest to GoDaddy for the smaller seller who doesn't need to understand accounting or be charged hundreds of dollars a year by QB for something that may not properly integrate with eBay, or only need to use 10% of.

Worth checking out... they've got up-to-date very recent YouTube videos with lots of information, in addition to their own website. It was developed by an accountant and his reseller wife, and have been addressing the necessary migration for us unhappy GoDaddy customers who have been thrown under the bus.

In the great scheme of things, it's not very expensive, either.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 176 of 221
latest reply

Thanks. for the information. will check it out 

Message 177 of 221
latest reply

@vsb1146 wrote:

Thanks. for the information. will check it out 

@vsb1146:

Glad to give more information on a potential replacement of GoDaddy for the smaller or simplified online commerce reseller.

I may go with My Reseller Genie, as I'm staying far away from the screwed-up migration to QB, which is too confusing, cumbersome, and expensive for only the 10% of it that I would need anyway.

For right now with a smaller, simplified Schedule C seller like me and things really up in the air, I have found that my reports already generated by eBay and Amazon can be fairly easily downloaded and merged with a calculator and using my head for my P&L when tax time comes around. If necessary I'll do my own Schedule C next February for this year, which is what I was doing before GoDaddy came along and automatically did all that for me as a welcome convenience.

Until things settle down, I'll cross my fingers that somehow GoDaddy may change their mind and simply charge more for their bookkeeping - or that some entity just may purchase it as it currently exists, and I can rejoin it under its new ownership/management.

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 178 of 221
latest reply

Thanks, We can only hope so, 

Message 179 of 221
latest reply

That deal (Quickbooks website) is only for 3 months. The godaddybookkeeping deal is 40% for an entire year. The switch deal by godaddy is a better price.

Message 180 of 221
latest reply