cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy retiring online bookkeeping

Just got the following email from GoDaddy.  Of course, that is the service I use.  I hate change.

Online Bookkeeping will retire in 30 days.

After much consideration, we've made the decision to discontinue Online Bookkeeping on June 18, 2022. At that time, the Online Bookkeeping tool will stop importing transactions from your connected channels and your existing data will be archived. To provide you with the best possible experience going forward, we've partnered with Intuit to offer you a special discount on QuickBooks Online.

You have until September 30 to download your Online Bookkeeping content. You can either move your data to QuickBooks using our migration tool or export your .csv file and import it to another accounting platform. You'll receive a prorated return for any time remaining on your term.

We appreciate your business and are here to help make your transition as smooth as possible.

Anyone have experience with QuickBooks, good or bad?

Message 1 of 221
latest reply
220 REPLIES 220

Re: GoDaddy retiring online bookkeeping

Just adding that if anybody else is having problems understanding quickbooks with this transition, I would be happy to assist in anyway on this post.

Message 211 of 221
latest reply

PREVIEW

You really need an accounting of all Ebay fees/refunds/discounts, as that

is deducted on your Schedule C.

Go Daddy makes 4 entries for each Ebay sale (if you charge for shipping).  That is item price, shipping fee, and the 2 Ebay final value fees.  (If you offer a discount for multiple purposes, etc, then it is 5.)

GoDaddy is still allowing manual input, so I am using that while I have a customized spreadsheet made to give me something to use until I can find something that works properly.

I am following your posts and really appreciate you sharing all the info with us!

Message 212 of 221
latest reply

I just went into it again and I thought the final value fees were deducted from the sale amount but oops, they are not, so now I am going in there everyday when a sale happens and adding the shipping AND THE FINAL VALUE FEE’S manually into the expense category. For goodness sakes, it’s just not compatible with the GoDaddy. But at least it is working now with the EBAY APP. If I can find out anymore info as to how you can program this app to take in all the fees and shipping I will let you know.

Message 213 of 221
latest reply

I tried QuickBooks, but it was totally confusing.  I have been working with Wave over the past 2 weeks and find it does not import everything from eBay, especially the eBay fees. I have resorted to simply pulling the monthly categories from eBay and manually plugging them into Wave. I probably would be better off just using a spreadsheet, but I will wait and see. I talked to the SixBit folks and tried to convince them to take over the GoDaddy app, but no go. The GD app was still without a doubt the best solution for us eBay sellers.

Message 214 of 221
latest reply

Hi Biggymoe

I run a small business. Without bookkeeping, we could not know about our business financials. So every business needs bookkeeping for it.

I have been taking a bookkeeping service for my business from a consultancy for six years. They give me the best results, and I trust them.

Message 215 of 221
latest reply

I don't suggest Easy Auction Tracker.  I used it last year with success.  They "updated" it and I just lost fee data all the way from May and I can't get the fee data from mid June through now to load.  After I noticed this I looked back and noticed I was missing hundreds of fee information all the way back to February.

Message 216 of 221
latest reply

Easy Auction Tracker (which worked great for me for years) just announced that they are shutting down operations end of year (with support thru 3/23 at least).   Nobody seems to want to be in this space.  Too bad. 

Message 217 of 221
latest reply

I switched to Easy Auctions Tracker, and while it wasn't as wonderful as GoDaddy, it got the job done. However, just received the dreaded "we've decided to discontinue" from them, too, after just a few months of use. I'm scrambling to find ANOTHER alternative now. *SIGH*

Message 218 of 221
latest reply

Who else gout Intuit and then cancelled their free trial only to find out they billed you $182.11? 

this just happened to me, I cancelled back in June and this morning a charge came through my bank showing they just billed my card..

Message 219 of 221
latest reply

Under the bus for sure. I don't think I will trust GoDaddy with my website hosting. 

Message 220 of 221
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 221 of 221
latest reply