cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go ahead seller_news_team, explain it....

Buyer files a fraudulent return claim that abuses the return policy.

Not my words....two different ebay customer service associates on the phone both stated it was 1) abusing the return policy and 2) was a fraudulent return claim.

Agent #1 asked me to call back on January 6th to officially close the case.   I have the reference number if you want it.

Before 5am on January 6th, ebay instead deducts money from my account and refunds the buyer.   Assuming this was ebay's automated system making an error, called ebay and spoke to agent #2.  Agent #2 reviewed Agent #1's notes and agreed with the assessment of buyer fraud and abuse.  Agent #2 told me I would get a call back in 10 to 15 minutes.   8 1/2 HOURS later, I still had not received a phone call but did get an email stating that ebay was going to go ahead with the original decision...of refunding the fraudulent and abusive buyer.  Which is not at all the original decision...twice over.

So go ahead seller_news_team, explain to me and the rest of the community how this is ebay acting in good faith on sellers' behalf.

Floor is yours....

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Its not good faith, its Ebays csr drones telling you what you want to hear so they can get on to the next call.         Did you respond to the snad case with a return label and refund after return? If not, Ebay sees you as a non responsive seller, and when they have to step in, they will refund the buyer. let them keep the item, and give your account a strike. You can check for that on your dashboard..sorry.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 51
latest reply

As a seller..."no returns does not mean no returns". Something is wrong the buyer has the right to return it.

As for customer service....agents answer normal questions but nothing complicated and they can't really do anything other than talking to you...1997 as an eBayer...thought you would know that by now.

eBay "refunds the buyer"...that might be a "ding" on your account...and blame it on agent #1 or #2 ...it doesn't matter who. You have 4-5 days to do a refund...you didn't so eBay did it after buyer probably escalated it.

We here on this platform(Floor as you call it)...are just like you...sellers and/or buyers.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

Something is wrong the buyer has the right to return it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the item.   The buyer got bored with it just before 30 days.  The buyer provided zero evidence.

Regardless, I want to hear from seller_news_team.

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

"Regardless, I want to hear from seller_news_team."

Who the heck is that? Ive been on the boards for 24 years, and have never seen that id.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 51
latest reply

Agent #1 and agent #2 are human robots, agent #3 is the automated one, there is a difference.

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

@bonjourami 

See the pinned threads on this board.   It is like a posting ID or something like that.  I suppose someone could tag them with the @ sign, but I will leave that up to the OP. 

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

Oh where are the seller_news_team?

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

The 'Seller News Team' has NOTHING to do with individual transactions. They 'report' mass issues, updates, changes etc. 

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

Do you not know every time you say this, you are admitting that ebay's csr employees are deliberately lying to a seller customer of ebay?

What other businesses do we have business relationships, simply accept one business partner actively lying to us on what is going to happen as a financial business decision?

This has zip to do with ebay internal policies.  Internal policies do not supercede law.  You can't just commit fraud and say its just our business policy.  Further nothing in the ebay agreement says for sellers, our csr folks will deliberately lie to you and tell you incorrect info and you have to just accept us lying to you as part of  our corporate seller policy/strategy.   This is one side of a business arrangement blatantly having their employees lie to a segment of their partner/customer base.

Thats outright fraud.  Theres no other way to say it.

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

They are not eBay employees. They are paid by a subcontracted firm.

And mostly want to get you off the phone, meet their daily quota, and have a pee break.

That's why the actual eBay employees who get their paychequesfrom eBay and are on social media Chat duty are better.

You have a transcript of what you were told.

So not only can you show that you were told something wrong or misleading

But

You can also re-read the transcript to learn if what you heard is what you were told.  

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

Well, they are only for chit chat and cannot do anything but chit chat. 

CSR is mostly based in India as well as the moderators here...laws are different from one country to another I would think.

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

Not India -- the Philippines.

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

Do you not know every time you say this, you are admitting that ebay's csr employees are deliberately lying to a seller customer of ebay?

What other businesses do we have business relationships, simply accept one business partner actively lying to us on what is going to happen as a financial business decision?

This has zip to do with ebay internal policies.  Internal policies do not supercede law.  You can't just commit fraud and say its just our business policy.  Further nothing in the ebay agreement says for sellers, our csr folks will deliberately lie to you and tell you incorrect info and you have to just accept us lying to you as part of  our corporate seller policy/strategy.   This is one side of a business arrangement blatantly having their employees lie to a segment of their partner/customer base.

Thats outright fraud.  Theres no other way to say it.

I will admit it to. There is practically NO company out there that doesn't 'use' the basically same 'they know nothing and get the wrong answers just to get you off the phone' type 'reps'.

I've dealt with Blue Shield, Delta Dental, Capitol One and Adobe just this past year. 

They ALL use 'subs' that are hired to handle their customer service issues and I can tell the moment they pick up the phone (for obvious reasons) they have NO clue what they are talking about (I won't bother going into details)

I pay ALL of them, some even WAY MORE than others.

It's just the way of the world. 

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

Oops...CRS is Philippines...that is correct

I actually went on Khoros wanted board for jobs and it had job openings in India...LOL.

Message 15 of 51
latest reply