cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go ahead seller_news_team, explain it....

Buyer files a fraudulent return claim that abuses the return policy.

Not my words....two different ebay customer service associates on the phone both stated it was 1) abusing the return policy and 2) was a fraudulent return claim.

Agent #1 asked me to call back on January 6th to officially close the case.   I have the reference number if you want it.

Before 5am on January 6th, ebay instead deducts money from my account and refunds the buyer.   Assuming this was ebay's automated system making an error, called ebay and spoke to agent #2.  Agent #2 reviewed Agent #1's notes and agreed with the assessment of buyer fraud and abuse.  Agent #2 told me I would get a call back in 10 to 15 minutes.   8 1/2 HOURS later, I still had not received a phone call but did get an email stating that ebay was going to go ahead with the original decision...of refunding the fraudulent and abusive buyer.  Which is not at all the original decision...twice over.

So go ahead seller_news_team, explain to me and the rest of the community how this is ebay acting in good faith on sellers' behalf.

Floor is yours....

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Go ahead seller_news_team, explain it....

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit off topic. Please bring the discussion back to subject established in the original post.

Thank you.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

That’s a sad post. Knock on wood. I have not had many problem buyers on here. 

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

"This doesn't work well if what was sent was new comes back used and was worth something new but not pre-owned.  It doesn't when a buyer substitute, pull a fast one, return something destroyed just to get the money back."

In cases like this, TRS can deduct up to 50% off the refund for such a situation.

An item is returned after it was used or damaged by the buyer

Sellers who are not Below Standard are eligible for this protection for listings that offer free returns.

If you accepted a buyer's return request but the item is returned in a different condition than it was originally sent:

• You can deduct up to 50% from the refund to recover the lost value of the item
    • We'll automatically remove any related negative or neutral feedback
    • If the buyer had requested the return because the item didn't match the listing, we won't count the return in your "Item not as described" rate in service metrics

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protection-policy?id=4345

Not just TRS sellers.  All sellers who are not below standard and who offer free returns. So your 'buyer pays for remorse returns' policy would not qualify for this feature. 

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

Thanks but I never said this was only for TRS.  So that is a clarification not needed.  Even the policy I quoted doesn't say that.

But since it appears to be something of concern.  For TRS to qualify they must have a least a 30 day return policy either seller pays or buyer pays, it doesn't matter.  Which is stated in the link I previously provided.

For sellers that are Above Standard but NOT TRS, they must offer Free Returns to qualify for the partial refund policy.

An item is returned after it was used or damaged by the buyer

Sellers who are not Below Standard are eligible for this protection for listings that offer free returns.

Protections for Top Rated Sellers

Top Rated Sellers sellers are eligible for these protections when all the following criteria are met:

• Your seller performance level is Top Rated Seller at the time of the protection
  • You reside in the US (including US territories) or Canada
  • You don't have a "Very High" rating in any of your service metrics
  • The item was listed on eBay.com
  • The listing offered 30-day or longer returns

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345#section4

Now it is always possible that there is another policy that contradicts this one.  I've seen that happen.  If you have a link to one that says different, please share.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Ah I see. Only saying "TRS" is not the same as saying "only TRS."  -And nobody would need that clarification.
GOT IT !!!  🤣

7EE2DF5B-21C4-4210-8895-CC49B400AB1B_4_5005_c.jpeg

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

Ah I see. Only saying "TRS" is not the same as saying "only TRS."  -And nobody would need that clarification.
GOT IT !!!  🤣

7EE2DF5B-21C4-4210-8895-CC49B400AB1B_4_5005_c.jpeg

This is a way to help to make your point.  Take ONLY a portion of what I posted and not all of it.  I'm unsure of your agenda, but below is the entire post and I hope that puts this to rest.  It should.

20.jpg

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 51 of 51
latest reply