cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Priority Shipping program questions

Hello all. Just started reselling on ebay after years off.  I apparenlty signed up for the GPS program inadvertantly as I've had a few orders with it being used now. My question is can you use both the program and offer to mail it first class on your own, or does it have to be one or ther other?  The other question is that a couple of winning bidders using GPS, overpaid for postage, do I return the excess back to them? Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Global Priority Shipping program questions

The GSP overrides any other shipping method you think you are offering to your international buyers. All they can see is the GSP.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the buyer "overpaid". You will get the item's price and whatever you charge to ship the item to the GSP plant in Kentucky, and the folks who run the program (PItney Bowes) get the rest of the buyer's payment.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can set up the profile to offer GSP and other shipping options (i.e direct). GSP customers are given shipping cost estimates before purchasing. That's between the GSP customer and ebay (and their vendor). It's not your responsibilty to refund any perceived overcharge of postage. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

First off...it's GSP (Global Shipping Program) not GPS (and there is little "priority" about it)!

If you offer GSP you can also offer direct shipping to countries not served by GSP. It is also possible to exclude a few countries from GSP so you can ship direct to those countries. (ie: GSP to all except Canada or UK or ?? which you ship direct)

You cannot offer GSP and direct to the same counties, it's one or the other.

As for "overpaid" how did these buyer overpay? The shipping they will pay to you is your standard domestic shipping charge from your location to Kentucky. If that charge isn't correct it wouldn't be correct for ANY of your buyers foreign or US.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@icollectucollect wrote:

You can set up the profile to offer GSP and other shipping options (i.e direct). GSP customers are given shipping cost estimates before purchasing. That's between the GSP customer and ebay (and their vendor). It's not your responsibilty to refund any perceived overcharge of postage. 

Is this new? I have never seen a listing that showed both the GSP and a non-GSP option. I have, however, seen listings where the seller thought they were offering both, but only the GSP was visible to buyers.

Sellers can take some countries out of the GSP program and still use the GSP for other countries but unless things have changed, it is not possible to offer both the GSP and another shipping option to the same country.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It must've been me that overcharged for the postage (not intentionally though) in my listing for the item and when I went to mail it out, it was less. Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply