cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting screwed

Just here to vent since you can't talk to the idiots from eBay. I have to say it's really jacked up that they hold your money for weeks. Having to pay $90 for shipping out of pocket, sending the product off and no money available. I even understand holding it until it's delivered but for this long after is just them **bleep** people over. Horrible business model I know I won't be back here selling anything. Go to the other sites and sell I highly recommend it unless you like them taking your money in fees and holding it till they feel like it with no way to get answers from anyone.    Rant over have a good day

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Getting screwed

We can empathize. I'd not want to be a new seller here now for anything. Hang in there...

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This is the new normal when infrequent sellers like yourself sell a relatively expensive item.  They will hold the money for up to 30 days to make sure there is no return issues or chargebacks as most infrequent sellers are reluctant to reimburse Ebay for such refunds.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Oh I get that. But what happens if they break it in the two weeks they're using it and then request a refund and don't send the parts back so now you're out shipping your parts and your money. Too much hassle

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

And what you going to do when that parts only comes back with item not as described and you have to refund the buyer? Aint no such thing as no refunds on eBay.

This is the why a new user has funds held> eBay does not want to have to pay for some thing you sold.

By the way you could have paid shipping through eBay with pending funds.

Good luck in what ever you do.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yup, an eBay flaw where they do not make it crystal clear to a new/infrequent seller that the funds will likely be held. It's all there in writing, so the answers are there, but not really what someone would expect. When someone sells something, they expect that they will get paid in a timely manner.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

That is more of a business cash flow problem.  All businesses have to have enough cash on hand to cover operating expenses. They can't operate sale to sale.

I would expect holds on many sites.  They can't have scammers open an account sell items they never intend to ship and run off with the funds.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The other sites such as Etsy will hold your money as reserve and what's left after fees is yours 3 business days after a sale. If you just started selling on eBay there is a probation period to prevent scams. After the probation period you get paid right away. Hang in there!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

old thread, tho I see the Original poster is listing now........

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

r53,

Addressing anyone in business, due to disagreeing, as an IDIOT is improper.

Your decision to exit e-Bay, due to TOO MUCH HASSLE, is probably a wise move for you. Any time a person decides the negative out weighs the positive, life is too short to be discontented. The fault of failing to read the conditions of sales, though, is on you. I confess I am also guilty of skimming over legalese, but I accept responsibility when my action bites me in the **bleep**.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply