cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting no VIEWs

Please help!  I've got two listings for jeans (122 041 044 530 and 122 038 899 489) that are getting no views at all, other than my own.  I've relisted several times, and have changed around the wording of the description, just to see whether it would make a difference.  But NOTHING.

Kindly critique these posts -- what am I doing wrong?   Good mid-range jeans should at least get some views even if no one bids.  I sense that something just isn't right.

Your suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting no VIEWs

@later_than_you_think I would suggest photographing the jeans somewhere other than the floor. To a lot of buyers, floor = dirty (even if you just cleaned it). If the floor is the only place you can photograph, then trying putting something down like poster board or a piece of fabric.

You revised the listings to free shipping. They are auction style with BIN option. Your item description says free shipping with BIN. Since your listings are auction-style with BIN option, the free shipping would also apply to anybody who bids auction-style. You cannot choose free shipping only if someone uses the BIN option.

If your intention is free shipping regardless of auction/BIN, then I would suggest removing that portion of text. If I found it confusing, chances are some other people will, as well.

Also, you noted in description free shipping to 48 states. Unless you have excluded HI and AK from your shipping locations in your account settings, then there is no way to restrict free shipping from those 2 states. If you're using priority flat rate envelope, then shipping cost would be the same to HI and AK so I'm not sure why you would want to exclude them from free shipping. According to the shipping tab, you are shipping globally and I don't see any exclusions.

You might also want to include a few more measurements like leg opening, waist, hip, etc...

For the Pascale jeans, I might consider making the modeled photo either the last image, or just omitting it. Reason being your jeans are pre-owned and altered; the stock photo will indicate to some buyers (who shop based on photos) that your jeans are new. if you include the photo as the last image, consider adding a note in the description tha tthe last image is a stock photo to help show fit.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I think it's your shipping.........to me in PA it's $12+.............I just scanned 200 listings in a stella jeans search and most shipping was around $6.80 and I found some from a Cal seller for that shipping price also........I presume they are using padded flat rate env. 

Not to say there weren't some with shipping $8-9-10.........but they were the exceptions.........

If you are that more expensive than most, no reason people will look at the listing itself......my opinion.

Here's the search

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=stella+jeans

Also, I would rotate that gallery picture so the pants show vertically.......for some innate reason, I'm trying to **bleep** my head to look at them......and it's uncomfortable, lol.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

lol on the bleep........I should have said "angle"...........

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Actually I along with others are getting those same kind of listing...0 views, 0 watchers.

Using sell simular on sold items.

Uncanny!  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Well, if you're charging alot more for shipping than your competitors, I'd advise you to rethink that.......

@cad777864 wrote:

Actually I along with others are getting those same kind of listing...0 views, 0 watchers.

Using sell simular on sold items.

Uncanny!  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank you -- you may have hit on it.  I think eBay shipping calculator inflates the cost.  I'm going to switch both listings to free shipping, and increase price just enough to cover it, and then see what happens!

As for the horizontal view -- I thought maybe that would help them stand out from the others.  But I see your point (from a 90 degree angle).

Cheers

PD

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

hope it works.......but

I think eBay shipping calculator inflates the cost.............having used it since it came out..........it can ONLY figure what you put into it, if you put 2# priority, that's what it will figure, even if you "mean" to use priority padded flat" envelop or a regional box...........

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@later_than_you_think wrote:

Thank you -- you may have hit on it.  I think eBay shipping calculator inflates the cost.  I'm going to switch both listings to free shipping, and increase price just enough to cover it, and then see what happens!

I have found the calculator to be very accurate for USPS - as long as you enter the correct info. For clothing (like denim) that is over 1lb I use Priority Padded Flat Rate Envelopes and instead of the calculator I charge a flat cost for shipping.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I think your items look very nice. It is not exactly jean weather right now. They will probably sell in the fall or even in August to people returning to school. 

Another note. The sizes are not exactly helping you. They are size 8 and a 34 inch inseam. That is lean and tall and not the best size to offer. Look around you..How many people do you know wearing a size 8 in 34 length? What size do most of your friends wear? When I sold clothing, I looked for larger sizes. People can easily find size 4 - 10 in any store, but, and any ladies clothing store manager will tell you this, the first thing to sell will be the sizes 14 - 16 followed by the size 12. 

During all the years that I sold clothing, I noticed a 16 sold faster than a 14, and a 14 sold faster than a 12, which sold faster than a 10. What would sit were the smaller sizes. Now if these are your clothes that you are selling, you cannot control what your size is. (Congrats on being long and lean). If you are buying for resale, look around for larger sizes. That's what sells quick.  Nevertheless your auctions look really nice and they will probably sell in the fall. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@later_than_you_think I would suggest photographing the jeans somewhere other than the floor. To a lot of buyers, floor = dirty (even if you just cleaned it). If the floor is the only place you can photograph, then trying putting something down like poster board or a piece of fabric.

You revised the listings to free shipping. They are auction style with BIN option. Your item description says free shipping with BIN. Since your listings are auction-style with BIN option, the free shipping would also apply to anybody who bids auction-style. You cannot choose free shipping only if someone uses the BIN option.

If your intention is free shipping regardless of auction/BIN, then I would suggest removing that portion of text. If I found it confusing, chances are some other people will, as well.

Also, you noted in description free shipping to 48 states. Unless you have excluded HI and AK from your shipping locations in your account settings, then there is no way to restrict free shipping from those 2 states. If you're using priority flat rate envelope, then shipping cost would be the same to HI and AK so I'm not sure why you would want to exclude them from free shipping. According to the shipping tab, you are shipping globally and I don't see any exclusions.

You might also want to include a few more measurements like leg opening, waist, hip, etc...

For the Pascale jeans, I might consider making the modeled photo either the last image, or just omitting it. Reason being your jeans are pre-owned and altered; the stock photo will indicate to some buyers (who shop based on photos) that your jeans are new. if you include the photo as the last image, consider adding a note in the description tha tthe last image is a stock photo to help show fit.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

It's been years since I've seen a size 8 woman...
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Prefontained:  Wow!  Several good points there -- thank you very much indeed for your careful consideration.  You're right of course -- some of that I knew but thought it didn't matter; some of that I didn't know.  I'm going to implement changes based on nearly everything you point out.  Thank you again! -- Paul

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have the same problem with many listings.  I am Top Rated, offer fast and free shipping, 1 day handling, 60 day returns... I jump through all the hoops and nothing! 

It is beyond frustrating.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Just thought I'd follow up and thank you again for your careful analysis and suggestions.  Since that post I have followed your advice and learned a lot more besides.   There's a lot to learn!   Shipping cost alone is a whole world of options.   Persistence and patience helps too.  Most of all, I've learned that there's a buyer out there for every item -- all you need to do is reach them.  So thank you again for the encouragement and direction when I needed it.  -- Paul

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply