cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged for Buy it Now Reinsertion before the listings End

Check your relisting fees.  I have just ran out of my free 250 listings for the month, and Ebay is charging me relisting fees BEFORE my listings are ending.  I just found three 25 cent charges for items that don't end for 19 to 23 hours.  I was going to cancel the listings just before they expired to avoid the fees, and I am getting charged EVEN BEFORE THE LISTING ENDS!

Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Getting charged for Buy it Now Reinsertion before the listings End

I was just talking with a buddy of mine who's considering selling on eBay and I told him about this current issue with GTC listings, his 9 year old daughter immediately piped up and asked "Don't they know some months have 31 days?" How is it that a 9 year old could see a flaw that none of eBay's IT people could see before it bit sellers in the backside?

Message 76 of 88
latest reply

A little background, again, sorry to be redundant, but:

I've been a member in good standing since 1999. I have sold tens of thousands of items for hundreds of thousands of dollars, all with 100% positive feedback, for a variety of "customers". 

My customers are people who I sell their items for, generally on a commission basis - I don't make any money unless I am selling for a profit.

My customers are also the buyers and I do bend over backwards to provide them with quality products packaged professionally and delivered in a timely manner.  

I have also trained more than a few individuals on how to buy and sell on eBay, I feel that I have done my part to promote eBay. 

In the past few years, eBay has let me down, specifically by making the software less intuitive as well as making it harder for me to do business. 

The items I sell are generally not commodities, and I liked the items ending at 30 days as that allowed me time to research the pricing as well as the viability of the item in general. 

This recent change to GTC is hurting me, to the point of considering taking a break from eBay and looking for other avenues to market the items I prefer to sell.  

It's a crying shame what is happening to eBay. It seems to be in the name of short term profits over long term relationships. 

I wish eBay would consider creating a "eBay lite" version, a simple, easy and intuitive auction site. Bring back the fun, bring back the profits to the sellers, take away the stress created with the bureaucratic nightmare eBay has become. 

Does any of this make any sense or am I just out of touch with reality?

Message 77 of 88
latest reply

I say again:

"OK OK - everyone is detailing their individual problem(s) with this and it is getting very repetitive and getting us nowhere.   We know there is a problem!   Maybe from now on in this thread we could stop listing our individual problems and instead either give a (or THE) working solution to the problem OR tell us about what you have heard from eBay when you have contacted them about this or any solution they have (or are) proposing."

Message 78 of 88
latest reply

Has everyone who had a problem now received their credits?  Credits were to be completed by eBay by the end of last week per this post in last week's (August 7) Community Chat.

Message 79 of 88
latest reply

I got mine on the 9th
Message 80 of 88
latest reply

@pooh333piglet wrote:
I got mine on the 9th

... via the automated crediting system implemented by eBay last Wednesday, or via a telephone call to Customer Service?  I'm trying to find out if the automated crediting system worked for some/any one?  I did not receive my credit.

Message 81 of 88
latest reply

I want to be ebays customer service person and get paid for not knowing anything. I always have my phone, I’ll answer and say whatever anyone wants to hear to get them off the phone.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 82 of 88
latest reply

Problem has still not been fixed.  

Listings are still rolling over a day early.

Continuing to be charged bogus insertion fees.

What a mess.

Message 83 of 88
latest reply

@upgradedendmills wrote:

eBay didn't just let this happen, they worked very hard to MAKE it happen.  It will take months before some sellers figure out the over billing, and some never will.

I think there should be an audit by an outside auditing company, overseen by the Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Message 84 of 88
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Brian, with all due respect this is not a "POTENTIAL" issue this is a REAL LIVE PROBLEM. I can't work till this is fixed and I am credited what I am due.

From what I'm reading today on another thread, this problem is still continuing.

eBay really needs to be audited over this by a third party (with the Consumer Protection Bureau oversight).

Message 85 of 88
latest reply

@sonofagun231 wrote:

I say again:

"OK OK - everyone is detailing their individual problem(s) with this and it is getting very repetitive and getting us nowhere.   We know there is a problem!   Maybe from now on in this thread we could stop listing our individual problems and instead either give a (or THE) working solution to the problem OR tell us about what you have heard from eBay when you have contacted them about this or any solution they have (or are) proposing."

I think it's very helpful when everyone details their personal experience and how this impacts their business. 

This also helps to gauge how severe the problem is and can provide specific details that might be useful to resolving the issue. 

And most importantly, this provides eBay insight to the Customer Voice ... that seems to be collectively saying: 

What happened should never have happened, and we expect eBay to resolve this quickly and Refund All Improperly Taken Fees and Credit All Improperly Taken Free Listings.

Message 86 of 88
latest reply

I just got charged nearly $70.00 for reinsertion fees for things that automatically relisted when I had no knowledge that they were ending today. eBay won't refund my money and said they would document my issue. That's no way to treat a 12 year seller/customer. So fed up. 

Message 87 of 88
latest reply

How did you get your credit? I am stressing out of the $70.00 eBay scammed me out of. I called and they said prove it. There is a glitch in their system. They relisted over 200 items and didn't give me notice that they were ending. It's like daily I have to babysit my account t because of their stupid changes back in March. 

Message 88 of 88
latest reply