cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating sales report from start of year

Background:  My wife and I both sell on eBay (using the same eBay account). When eBay pays out, it goes into our joint checking account.  I need a report that shows me (at a minimum) what item sold and what they payout was (what eBay actually deposited into our checking account).

I swear last year I was able to pull a report because I remember paying out my wife and myself separately (from our joint account) for all the sales we had in 2020.

I contacted eBay twice this week and was told I can only pull a detailed report for the last 90 days (but that's not true, as I can go into Seller Hub and pull a report, but it only starts at May 7 (I know I had to have sold a few things from Jan. 1 - April 3). Also, it does not provide a column that shows simply the payout amount. Instead, it shows the final sale, along with a column for Final Value Fees, International Fees and Gross Transaction. I could probably figure out the payout by taking these other columns into account, but to me, eBay should provide a column that just shows the Payout amount (i.e. what they actually deposited into our joint account).

So, does anyone know if there is a report that will show me the item description and the amount paid out from starting from Jan. 1 to whatever date I specify? Or, a  year end report I can put after Dec. 31 2021)?

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Generating sales report from start of year

@teamstandy wrote:

@dhbookds  What area of eBay are you referring to? I don't see any payout tab in my generated reports or on the Seller Hub "Reports" tab. Can you explain a little more?

Thanks,

Andy 

The Reports can be found in the Payments tab! The Reports tab itself serves a different function (yeah I know....odd!).

Once you are on the Reports page you can run a Transaction report or a Payouts report.

Be aware that the reports function and many parts of the Seller Hub are always changing with new capabilities being added. For example, originally the Transaction report (csv) was a fixed report, recently they added the ability to select specific columns.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @teamstandy ,

Have you tried the date range programmable report in Seller hub?  It is a CSV formatted file which will open in a spreadsheet program.  Here is a link. 

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/report#

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

May not be quite what you want...........but if you go to the payout tab and use custom.....you can start the report with Jan 1/21.......that will give you each payout to now...........

Then on each payout, if you click the Payout id......that gives you the breakdown of each item in that particular payout........

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

EBAY only has reporting from the time you enrolled in Managed Payments.    Data before that would be available in PayPal reports.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Very good point. That never crossed my mind. That's very likely why I'm "missing" Jan. - April. Thanks for that tip!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@mr_lincoln    I did try that and it pretty much has what I need, but with that output, I'm forced to spend time calculating the fees to determine what was actually paid out on each item.  I may be forced to do that, but honestly, eBay should provide a field named Payout that clearly shows what they deposited into a sellers checking account (I know, first-world problems 😁 )

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@dhbookds  What area of eBay are you referring to? I don't see any payout tab in my generated reports or on the Seller Hub "Reports" tab. Can you explain a little more?

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@teamstandy wrote:

Thanks,

Andy 

The Reports can be found in the Payments tab! The Reports tab itself serves a different function (yeah I know....odd!).

Once you are on the Reports page you can run a Transaction report or a Payouts report.

Be aware that the reports function and many parts of the Seller Hub are always changing with new capabilities being added. For example, originally the Transaction report (csv) was a fixed report, recently they added the ability to select specific columns.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@teamstandy wrote:

@mr_lincoln    I did try that and it pretty much has what I need, but with that output, I'm forced to spend time calculating the fees to determine what was actually paid out on each item.  I may be forced to do that, but honestly, eBay should provide a field named Payout that clearly shows what they deposited into a sellers checking account (I know, first-world problems 😁 )

@teamstandy 

It depends on how detailed you want to be but you can actually add a formula in one cell then drag it down through ALL cells in a column for the Sold item totals. 

Next you can add a formula to add up the total of those items.

Again, a lot depends on how detailed you want to get ... I've been using spreadsheets for a long time so if you have the CSV file the rest is fairly simple to sort, organize, calculate and tally ...

Not sure if this will help but I get 6 months at a time for Tax ID reporting.  On my eBay CSV file columns AA & AB are the Final value fees ... Column AA is the 30 cents non-refundable amount and AB is on the gross total.  You could add this formula in the next column AC and it will total them.  Say you are on Line no 10, the formula would be: 

=sum(AA10+AB10)

Now, if you want to total ALL the items in column AC you go to the top or bottom of the spreadsheet and add another formula.  Say your items are from line 10 through line 125, here's what the formula would be: 

=sum(AC10:AC125)

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@teamstandy wrote:

So, does anyone know if there is a report that will show me the item description and the amount paid out from starting from Jan. 1 to whatever date I specify? Or, a  year end report I can put after Dec. 31 2021)?

There is this report, is this what you are looking for?

For my account I can only retrieve the information back to Jan 1, 2018.  This may be because I did not sell anything for a very long time and started again during 2018. 

The data available does not have to do with  being on Managed Payments as I have only been on Managed Payments for about a year.

The report does not have a date for the individually listed sales.  On the printed report it will show the date range you selected.  You can select any date range up to a year.

Screenshot 2021-11-13 120803.png

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@slippinjimmy   

I think your tip is as close as I'm going to get to what I need. The payouts option is very close to what I need (but I still have to click the PayoutID to see what the item actually is).  Thanks for pointing that out! 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@mr_lincoln   

Thanks for that info.  That's another option as well.  I think in this case, the reporting tool that @slippinjimmy  pointed out is going to be what I'll work with to get what I need, but thanks for taking the time to explain that. That could be useful in the future. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@stephenmorgan 

That's close, but all I'm really wanting is what was sold and what eBay deposited into our joint checking account. I don't need all the other data, as all I want to be able to do is determine what gets paid out to my wife and what gets paid out to me from our joint checking account (related to eBay sales).

Message 13 of 13
latest reply