cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTC = Watchers That Never Buy!

So now with the ebay's brainstorm of GTC I have developed a ton of watchers that never buy.  Before GTC I had buyers and very few watchers.  I don't know about everyone else but I'll take buyers over watches any day!  Also I get an extremely high number of hits when I relist an item within 10 seconds then nothing else for days.  There is no urgency for people to buy if the listing is a GTC, they don't see an end date so they feel no rush to make a decision or they put it on their watch list and forget about it instead of making a buying decision right then and there.  Sales are off so I'm going to forget about hunting for unique items at flea markets anymore and just clear out what I have and take a breath for a while.  That should help out ebay - idiots.

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: GTC = Watchers That Never Buy!

@jason_incognito wrote:

The last time I used an eBay promo discount, I didn't go shopping, I went to my watch list and picked out a few that I bought.

I now own a punch bowl that sat on my watch list for maybe a year.

I have a $200 item on my watch list right now that a promo code might put me into the buy column.....

While I do check current listings, I also do what you do.  I will admit that some things have sat in my Watch List for years.  Some I will get around to eventually but eventually just hasn't come yet in favor of other things.  I evaluate that list when promotions come or before Bucks drop.

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

@rixstuff wrote:

And here's another thought.  Items on Amazon (and many many other sites) don't have an end time on listings and they are selling like crazy.

That's true, most places have GTC listings.  But it is hard to differentiate, IMO, as to whether items are selling like crazy because of GTC or just because the buyer went to that site to buy.  But I do know that many may just do a google search to find what they want and then go where that item is to buy it. 

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

I've always had plenty of watchers & few buyers.  Even have 3 watchers on a $3.00 item.  No idea why!!   I'm just fed up with selling on here for a large variety of reasons.   Good luck to us all!     🙂

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

I've always had plenty of watchers & few buyers.  Even have 3 watchers on a $3.00 item.  No idea why!!   I'm just fed up with selling on here for a large variety of reasons.   Good luck to us all!     🙂

I'm sorry you have been going through this.  I know it has been a long time, at least 2 years, if not longer, since I have followed your  posts.  Life can be hard, I know.  Good luck to you.

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

I would like to see what you are selling but instead you use another account ID !! No Sale For You !!! Come Back 1 Year !!! 

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

Right, but we do what we can.

If sold prices are crummy I don’t bother.

I actually learned by comparing solds to unsolds. There’s a reason my auctions are on the nicer side (and they used to be even fancier with much more detailed descriptions).

Then there are dealers who have managed to establish a following. Trendy. They can get some stunning prices.

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

When I want something, I search. When I find it, I buy it . I virtually never wait.

I NEVER put anything I want on my watchlist. I specifically put stuff I’m only half interested in, or something I want to tell a friend/family member about because THEY might like it, AND stuff I want to watch to see how the seller does -  because I have one to sell or I’m curious (see below).

Example:

I just took vintage blue rhinestone earrings OFF my list because my daughter didn’t like them.

I’m watching that crazy baby T Rex skeleton for  2 1/2 million bucks. 

Same here.  Something that goes on my watchlist = I probably won't end up buying it.  Anything I really want, I buy right away.

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

I just posted a CD. In a matter of minutes I had 20 watchers. 

Really?Smiley Wink

latest reply