cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRRR.....so frustrated with a buyer......she keeps harrassing me over shipping costs

I had a listing for 2 womens tops....both for 8.99 which is a good deal.  They are long tops and a heavy polyester/spandex, so the weight of the package is 2-3 pounds

I get a message from a buyer that she would like to bid but doesn't want to pay what the calculated shipping will be to her in Florida from me near Chicago.

I used the Ebay calculator, from my zip to hers in FL for a 2-3 pound package, Priority Mail is about 12.00.

I explain to her that I didn't make up the number but it is based on weight and zip.  So, about 1 hour before the auction ends, she bids and wins for 8.99.

Fine...I send the invoice.  Now I get another message from her asking for a recalculated invoice with a better shipping rate.  So I re-invoiced and again, the calculator says about 12.00.  

So I messaged her and said, Sorry but when i try to print out the mailing label that is just about what it is costing me to ship.  I finally told her that if she doesn't want to pay the shipping just cancel the sale

IMHO, if she didn't like the shipping, then don't bid, especially after I explain it to you.  Instead, she keeps saying how much she likes them and wants them, but now AFTER the sale, is demanding that I come down on shipping.  I'm NOT going to lose money to ship to her.  I'm so frustrated.

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

GRRR.....so frustrated with a buyer......she keeps harrassing me over shipping costs

Is there a reason that you don't cancel? Yes, I know you could get a defect for canceling when you have a bid, but you could maybe use the reason of "problem with buyer's address". Yes I know that's not the reason but it almost is because the problem is that the buyer's address is too far away from your address for you to be able to ship her items for the price she wants to payc

Message 2 of 78
latest reply

I guess I could cancel it but she keeps saying she wants the item and she did win the auction.  Shes not a newbie.....over 5000 feedback,  but ALL as a buyer...NEVER as a seller.  Looking at the items she has bought, she maybe resells the stuff???  Thats why she wants it as cheap as possible???  

Message 3 of 78
latest reply

@lkw8595 Sorry you're dealing with this difficult buyer. She will either need to pay the shipping noted on the listing & invoice, or request to cancel the sale, or end up with a UPI.

May I make a suggestion for the future? Look into some of the priority flat rate options such as padded flat rate envelopes. You can't get them at the PO and need to order online. They are free and they are perfect for heavy clothing items.

In addition you can look into Regional Rate A boxes (also available free online from USPS.com). These ship at the 2lb rate, so it would offer savings on anything 3+lb.

Edit to add USPS price list:

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#2746995

You can use this to compare the rates for some of these options vs. calculated by weight to different zones.

Message 4 of 78
latest reply

Instead of asking her to cancel the sale, I would once again tell her the shipping rate is the exact calculated PO rate based on weight and her zip code -- and at that time ask if she still wants the items and tell her if not you will gladly cancel the sale.  If she refuses to pay and asks for cancelation then cancel buyer requested.  If she doesnt answer and just doesn't pay open up a UPI on day 2. 

Keep it friendly -- I am sure a challenge dealing with her -- and professional.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 5 of 78
latest reply

" she maybe resells the stuff??? Thats why she wants it as cheap as possible??? "
=====================

Ding, ding, ding!

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 78
latest reply

You sent her an invoice.....if she doesn't pay, then open a non paying bidder case. Its against ebay policy for the buyer to try and negotiate the shipping cost after bidding and winning. Stand your ground.

Message 7 of 78
latest reply

Right... and if she does pay don't be surprised if she continues to negotiate after receiving the items, or claims SNAD. 😞

Message 8 of 78
latest reply

I'd also add this person to my Best Buddies List. Immediately.
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 9 of 78
latest reply

Simply tell her you're sorry, but that's as low as you can go and that she can pay, ask for a cancellation (buyer's request), or you can file the UID. Rinse and repeat as necessary until you can file the UID. She may still pay and get to leave neg feedback. But, fortunately, that no longer counts against you.

Make sure you put her on your blocked list. Now.

Message 10 of 78
latest reply

@lkw8595 wrote:

I had a listing for 2 womens tops....both for 8.99 which is a good deal.  They are long tops and a heavy polyester/spandex, so the weight of the package is 2-3 pounds

I get a message from a buyer that she would like to bid but doesn't want to pay what the calculated shipping will be to her in Florida from me near Chicago.

I used the Ebay calculator, from my zip to hers in FL for a 2-3 pound package, Priority Mail is about 12.00.

I explain to her that I didn't make up the number but it is based on weight and zip.  So, about 1 hour before the auction ends, she bids and wins for 8.99.

Fine...I send the invoice.  Now I get another message from her asking for a recalculated invoice with a better shipping rate.  So I re-invoiced and again, the calculator says about 12.00.  

So I messaged her and said, Sorry but when i try to print out the mailing label that is just about what it is costing me to ship.  I finally told her that if she doesn't want to pay the shipping just cancel the sale

IMHO, if she didn't like the shipping, then don't bid, especially after I explain it to you.  Instead, she keeps saying how much she likes them and wants them, but now AFTER the sale, is demanding that I come down on shipping.  I'm NOT going to lose money to ship to her.  I'm so frustrated.

Hi, I looked at the 2 tops, they're lovely.   Will they both not fit (folded up nicely) into a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope for $6.30?  I've purchased heavy blue jeans that arrived in a PFR envelope.  

Message 11 of 78
latest reply

she keeps saying she wants the item and she did win the auction.

Then graciously allow her to pay for it. If she does not, file the NPB and close it as soon as possible. There is no reason to live in fear of a negative feedback.  The red donut no longer counts against your seller performance, and those sellers that seem to rack up a hundred negs a month don't seem to have trouble selling.     IGNORE. Problem over. 

Message 12 of 78
latest reply

They do not fit into a regional Rate A box and the Rate B box is even more. Believe me, I checked other options
Message 13 of 78
latest reply

No they wouldn't fit at all. I wish they would.
Message 14 of 78
latest reply

"I get a message from a buyer that she would like to bid but doesn't want to pay what the calculated shipping will be to her in Florida from me near Chicago."

--------

That's when I would have blocked her.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 15 of 78
latest reply