cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furlough Sale - Gov't Shutdown

While I don't mention the reasoning behind my markdowns in my listings, I am pleased that since being furloughed on December 21st, my sales have picked up a little.  I don't feel so useless any longer. 

Initially, I started selling my wardrobe(s) and friend's donated wardrobes to be able to pay for my son's soccer lessons.  Now I find myself shifting the use of those funds to selling to have an income during the government shutdown.

All is good though, sales are picking up, maybe 2-3 a day.  The power of positivity!  

Sending you all good vibes and much success!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Furlough Sale - Gov't Shutdown

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this! It's just so terrible and very unnecessary. I hope it ends soon and you can get back to doing what you do.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I am glad you are finding ways to make it through the shut down. Also glad to hear that your sales are picking up. Mine are also. Since this is what I do for a living its really good news for me.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Good for you and wishing you the best while this is going on!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I am hopeful that it ends soon.  We are reporting to work, however, not collecting a paycheck. 

So, sales are a must for us.  Thank you for your thoughts and kind words!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Good for you and wishing you the best while this is going on!

Thank you very much!  Wish you much success!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

My sister is furloughed and doing the same thing.  She is in the DC area.   I recommended offerup, which may have been a mistake, as she has only received 2 offers, and they were lowball.  

This whole thing is ridiculous.  I hope it ends soon.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Kudo's to you. It's refreshing to see a hard working person like yourself that actually has a plan B! The second job so to speak.  A back up plan so your not totally dependent on one source of income. 

I've done that all my life and it has on more than one occasion, got me through though times. Good luck to you and I hope this gets resolved soon.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

My sister is furloughed and doing the same thing.  She is in the DC area.   I recommended offerup, which may have been a mistake, as she has only received 2 offers, and they were lowball.  

This whole thing is ridiculous.  I hope it ends soon

She can switch over to EBay and take advantage of the free listings promotions, never spend a nickel in listing fees. 

I agree, I hope this ends soon.  I was predicting this week, I was wrong.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

Kudo's to you. It's refreshing to see a hard working person like yourself that actually has a plan B! The second job so to speak.  A back up plan so your not totally dependent on one source of income. 

I've done that all my life and it has on more than one occasion, got me through though times. Good luck to you and I hope this gets resolved soon.

Thank you so much for your encouragement and praise.  Making lemonade, so to speak. 

I too hope that it is all resolved soon.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply