cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny Record story - Bootleg

Listed an album, had no clue it was a bootleg.  Got it pulled, gave it away.   I mean the album had a beautiful jacket, the album itself had all the markings of a legit album including a legit record producer and record number.  Come to find out the producer decided to bootleg another album and do a better job of it.  Ironically, the record he bootlegged was a bootleg of another album.  My bootlegger thought he could do a better job then the original bootlegger and did so.  It was even an import.  And yes, the bootleg albums are all still for sale on eBay.  Mine is gone into my friends collection.  Fun fun.  Now I am checking each and every album I have that could possibly be a bootleg.  

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Funny Record story - Bootleg

beat the boots ...

sounds like you had a pirate [illegal copy of an official release] vs. a bootleg [gray area copy of copyrighted music not on any official release]

there are some japanese mini-lp boots of legendary bootleg lp boxes, complete with obi & exquisitely reproduced bad boot artwork

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

How many boots could a bootlegger boot if a bootlegger could boot legs?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I had a bootleg album pulled too. I KNEW it was bootleg, but it was also from the 1970s and a live performance and there wasn't an official live album of the concert, so I didn't feel super concerned or like it was hurting the artist (fact is anyone buying a live bootleg Eagles record from the 1970s probably owns their entire catalog).

It didn't last 24 hours without being pulled. Same album is available on other platforms no issues. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Na, it was a bootleg.  Did a deep search and it was an elvis bootleg from a company in Norway.  

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply