cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free shipping

I have been having alot of free shipping being sold. I dont offer free shipping on my items. Especially when there is a 40 to 90 span for shipping price. I'm not sure how these items are being sold with free shipping. I think ebay needs to figure it out. Its almost abusive. I have returned peoples money due to shipping cost being more than the actual cost of item. That's another way that I know the shipping has been manipulated. 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Free shipping

Most of the OP's small items have free shipping - appears normal. It's some of the larger ones that also have free shipping, like a lawn mower engine, sunroofs, a JD tractor bumper, just to name a few.

My guess is that the OP did a 'sell similar' or 'sell one like this', which had free shipping, and even though he entered in the weight/dims, didn't uncheck the free shipping box.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

I've been here for 20+ years. I do review my listing as soon as it posts. I micromanage them. Will changes once or twice without question. I know what I put forth 

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

The post office has been so erratic with their changes and charges. The only free shipping I do is in flat rate boxes. 

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@online-treasure-box wrote:

I've been here for 20+ years. I do review my listing as soon as it posts. I micromanage them. Will changes once or twice without question. I know what I put forth 

Then fine... keep canceling things... don't come back and whine when eBay bans you from selling.

We tried to tell you what the problems are or might be, and how to fix them... but you seem bent on telling us how right you are.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

The post office has been so erratic with their changes and charges. The only free shipping I do is in flat rate boxes. 

You're incorrect on the erratic part........  There are changes in Jan and May/June usually.....that are announced in Nov preceding the changes.  They are well spelled out and IF you use calculated shipping you don't have to do ANYTHING....the changes will be factored in to the calculator.    You do have to know the weight and dimensions to use calculated shipping........but using it provides buyers close to you with a lower price than buyers further away which gives you an advantage in shipping cost prices over sellers who are further away..........

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

If you're shipping a bra (for free) in a flat rate box, you're losing there, too.

That's obviously for another discussion, but you might want to even rethink the ones you think are correct.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

That is what I am saying. 

I already know if the span of shipping cost is 40 to 90. So I piggy back of a listing that doesnt offer free shipping. Then I add in my own weight and size. Once it has been listed. No matter if it's free shipping or not. I always check the listing for flaws. 

I have had 2 big items canceled by me becouse free shipping had been applied. Then today, I had another one sell with free shipping. I didnt know if others were having same issue. 

About a month ago. I did have a buyer reach out to me. He said one website said my items had free shipping, but ebay showed a charge. I'm wondering if him sending me a message. Opened up this free shipping "porthole" back to their website. Now free shipping on everything seems to apply 

I doubt that would have happened as it would have required an actual coding change on another completely different site. 

What I would do is:

1.  Fix the listings that say 'free' shipping that you don't want those on.

2. While you're doing that, check to see if there are any irregularities in the shipping area of the listing - wrong info entered in the calculated shipping if you used that, etc.

3. Don't 'piggyback' your new listings - list them as completely fresh listings and see if they have the same problem going forward.

I've read of problems with free shipping but it was mostly using the 'simple' listing form.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 22 of 29
latest reply

That is good.  So when you review your listing, see the "free shipping,"  I assume you go into edit right away to change it.  Is "free shipping" chosen in your listing?  What happens when you change it and revise your listing?  

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@nanbosnan wrote:

That is good.  So when you review your listing, see the "free shipping,"  I assume you go into edit right away to change it.  Is "free shipping" chosen in your listing?  What happens when you change it and revise your listing?  

That's what I'm wondering, also.  The only way to suss this out is to start eliminating one variable at a time. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

More than one of your current listings states "Free Shipping" and about six people have told you that.

They were trying to be helpful.  

If you "always check the listing for flaws", then we have to assume you wanted to list these items with free shipping.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Go in to your listings and revise the shipping. You are going to have to do this for each listing to make sure each one is correct. There is a radial button on the far right side of where you enter package size and weight. You need to uncheck this free shipping radial button and make sure your size and weight info is accurate for each of your listings. 

@online-treasure-box 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

I read it as he's not offering (doesn't want to offer) free shipping if the shipping is between $40-90, but that other sellers do offer free shipping even if the shipping is that high and he wonders how they can do it and make a profit.......

My reading could be wrong........

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Right now there are 91 of your items showing free shipping.   Have you ever listed with free shipping?

8 hours later the OP hasn't managed to revise a single listing (well either they changed one or one ended) because they are still showing 90 listings with free shipping! Including many items that would only go Priority DIM weight.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I knew you all would come back with these snippet comments. That's why I said if the span of shipping cost was between 40 to 90. I think you all like to bust peoples balls, when you are having the same problem

Instead of complaining about posters who really did come to this thread to help you, maybe instead you should show a little appreciation for them, especially cynthealee2 in message #10 where her advice just might help to prolong your eBay selling career. 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply