cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those That Sell on Other Venues

Is it slow on other venues?  Traffic seems to be slow here, there as well?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: For those That Sell on Other Venues

I have found that it always slows down a bit after school is out and people are focused on other activities. I have also noticed that the focus tends to shift a bit depending on what you are selling. While consumable needs tend to hold about the same the wants shift a bit. I notice a slow down in toys and clothing, maybe because of all the garage sales and outdoor flea markets, but an uptick in things like camping, hiking, fishing and other outdoor activity items. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Sales and shopping are slightly down on Amazon and Etsy according to Googlbut I only sell here.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@seymourssi 

I do sell on other venues and it's a lot like eBay.  Hit and miss.  Hang in there. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

We are not allowed to talk about other selling venues here. As a rule, sales slumps are across the board and affect all of them.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

We are not allowed to talk about other selling venues here. As a rule, sales slumps are across the board and affect all of them.

Yes you are; you just can't tell people to LIST your items at XXX. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@seymourssi ,

Not surprising since Home Depot, Lowes, Fedex, UPS, Macy's, Walmart, and Costco all had lower than expected results for the latest quarter for 2023. Fedex and UPS CEOs both said ecommerce package volume was down a lot more than expected.  Costco's CEO said many customers are buying more chicken and pork because they are cheaper than beef or fish. If this is happening to Costco which has a higher income customer base it means even inflation is starting to affect the upper middle class folks.

Trucking companies in some cases are laying off drivers or cutting back hours. We might not be in recession but the economy is definately slowing down. This is by design by the Federal Reserve as they raise interest rates to reduce inflation. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@seymourssi ,

One other thing I forgot to add. Both the CEO's of Target and Walmart indicating while their sales were flat grocery sales went up while consumer discretionary item sales went down. 

In other words because food, energy, and housing prices are up many people have less money to buy non necessities.  

Slower sales is just affecting ebay.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

My youngest son is a long haul trucker. I won't name the company he drives for, but 85% of their business WAS hauling freight for Amazon and UPS. In 2021 he was making $3000/week. Last year he averaged $2000/week. So far this year he's averaging around $1200/week because there is hardly any freight to haul compared to the last few years. They are starting to layoff drivers now. Three years ago they didn't have enough and had to turn away business because they knew they couldn't deliver due to lack of drivers.

We are entering a long period of recession and stagflation.  

Our next election will determine the future of our economy.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

The next election here is for borough manager.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@clown_car_driver wrote:

My youngest son is a long haul trucker. I won't name the company he drives for, but 85% of their business WAS hauling freight for Amazon and UPS. In 2021 he was making $3000/week. Last year he averaged $2000/week. So far this year he's averaging around $1200/week because there is hardly any freight to haul compared to the last few years. They are starting to layoff drivers now. Three years ago they didn't have enough and had to turn away business because they knew they couldn't deliver due to lack of drivers.

Sounds like there's some "throttling" going on. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

yes!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

thanks for your replies

Message 13 of 13
latest reply