cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flows in eBay's policy of reversing feedbacks ( the 30 days rule)

The buyer never messaged me about the alleged issue  -he just posted a  Negative feedback

I did find out on his negative incidentally noticing that my selling score dropped witch was well after 30 days after that feed back was left. 

eBay did not notify me either about the negative feedback AT ALL.

So I  did not and could not have knowledge about it within the 30 day (other than incidentally noticing my score )  

I asked eBay to reverse the feedback -the answer was that the buyer was within rules of posting it and i need to workout it out with the buyer.

After communicating with the buyer he agreed to reverse it  but I cant send him a eBay generated  "feedback revision request " because it was over 30 days.

So here I am:  no notification or knowledge from anyone that a Neg. Feedback was posted  and somehow I must deal with it  within  30 days. 

And of course the communication with eBay's life agent is impossible achieve.

Any advise ,please 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

As long as it's been, there's nothing you can do about it.

You should be checking your account often and not depend on Ebay letting you know whats going on with your account.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ebay should require buyers to contact TOP RATED sellers before leaving negative feedback 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Why should they be treated any different then other sellers?

Have a great day
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ebay does not notify you about changes in other than measures which affect Ebay's evaluation of seller performance.

Feedback is not one of those factors used by Ebay to rate sellers.

You are suffering from one of those problems which affect new and low volume sellers - you look bad because you have no room for errors of the sort which are public.

Fortunately, fewer and fewer buyers read and leave FB. And that group will continue to grow as the use of the mobile app grows.

If this was a metric Ebay uses, you might be faced with the 6% fee surcharge associated with Below Standard Performance.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@worldwide_ship wrote:

Ebay should require buyers to contact TOP RATED sellers before leaving negative feedback 

Dear eBay Top Rated Seller:

Please check your feedback page in 10 minutes, you have an incoming feedback bomb.

Regards

Your unhappy (former) customer

Would that be good enough for you?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Why in the world should Ebay notify you of a negative feedback, entitled much? Check your own feedback.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Well, check your seller hub page once a week, and it will be obvious if you have a red donut.  eBay actually tells you - no need for them to send a separate message.

buyers aren’t required to send a warning to you.  Sometimes, a transaction is so bad that an ASAP neg is warranted, at least in the eyes of the buyer.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Top rated sellers have some track record of consistency. A good number of zero feedback sellers are scammers

Message 9 of 9
latest reply