cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First bad feedback

I guess I can stop looking everyday for the first one!

Good riddance

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

First bad feedback

I offer 30-day free returns on all items myself, and have still gotten 4-5 negatives over the past several years. In each and every case, the buyer left the FB without ever contacting me about a problem or requesting or initiating a return. Some buyers are just nasty.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

First bad feedback

I like having at least one.  When I had none, I had frequent partial refund scam attempts, and now I almost never get those.  It's like they look for the 100% pos sellers, thinking they'll do anything to keep it.  

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

Hi @retrogames10000 

I'm confused, you offer 30 day Free Returns ... why didn't they just return the game to you?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

Well it must be something in the air because I just got my first negative in a very long time. Buyer waited until just short of 2 months to say item arrived broken but he isn't interested in returning the item for a refund or opening a case for a return. Ok, what can one do? Nothing to do I suppose. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

They could file INAD for 'cigarette smell' with or without free returns anyway.  However, I see a neg (or neutral) as an opportunity to point out in the reply that I offer free returns.  If anyone does look at feedback, they're going to look for the problems first and foremost, so I look at it like premium billboard space, and it's free!  

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

I would have responded that you offer 30 day free returns for any reason.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

@janet9988 wrote:

I would have responded that you offer 30 day free returns for any reason.

Yup!  Aaaaany reason whatsoever. 
Even something like this. 
(yes she gave a positive rating ........ but that comment ....... I tried to look the other way for a few days, then I just couldn't anymore).  🤣😂😆

BF42D570-C58C-4C19-BCFA-1A010AA587FC_4_5005_c.jpeg

---------------------------------------------------

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 12.43.57 AM.png

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

@retrogames10000 wrote:

I guess I can stop looking everyday for the first one!

Good riddance

Let me know if you need another, I buy something from you 😜

The longest stretch I’ve gone between negatives is 7 months. I think the second longest stretch I’ve had is maybe what, 2-3 months.

Shortest stretch? I think four negatives in 7 days. These are all different buyers mind you.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

I offer 30-day free returns on all items myself, and have still gotten 4-5 negatives over the past several years. In each and every case, the buyer left the FB without ever contacting me about a problem or requesting or initiating a return. Some buyers are just nasty.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

I suppose I have to deal with haters when trying to be the best retro store in the world 😉

dah next year will be better when I have 20k listings

I try my best 

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

@knifeaholic wrote:

@knifeaholic 

And this is where the eBay Feedback system fails miserably,  Less than Positive FB should NEVER be allowed unless there is some back and forth communication between Buyer and Seller.  eBay encourages "Trading partners" (their term for a Buyer and Seller on a transaction) to try and work things out before taking action.  

If a Buyer reaches out to a Seller and gets NO response within 2-3 days then the Buyer is free to leave less than Positive FB.  But if they communicate then maybe the issue can be resolved and either Positive or no FB could be the result which I am sure the Seller would be happy with.

Our society is now deep into a season where much of the communication is done via methods other than face to face meetings or speaking directly on a phone call.  People can be more insensitive, unfeeling and unsympathetic behind their screens.  And now they added a picture feature to the subjective, unbalanced, biased system in an attempt to do what with it?  Turn it in to some kind of a social media platform? 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

@mr_lincoln 

They want the games.

They needed to vent (pun intended) about the smell😊

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

Today we hit 1,000 items sold - I was planning a pizza party at my mom's house for myself for this occasion.

Pizza party still happening tonight!  It is funny I guess that I get a negative the day before I throw only party ever for myself.  

Next 1,000 items faster

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

First bad feedback

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Hi @retrogames10000 

I'm confused, you offer 30 day Free Returns ... why didn't they just return the game to you?

Free returns really guarantees nothing - one just hopes it does.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 27
latest reply