cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File police reports and small claims cases

Good morning,

We encourage everyone to do the same.  We filed an online police report.  We filed an online small claims case.  We will not let a buyer rip us off.  Stop the madness, file your case.   We lost over  $550.00.  If we have to walk to their state-we willl.  Enough is enough.  An employee accidentally refunded before a return because of how the tab on managed pay looks.  The buyer was refunded and he won’t return the collectable cards.  We sent a return label through returns.  He said that it was blank.  We don’t know....could be...We emailed him one through EBAY.  We mailed him one.  We offered a prepaid service.  EBAY states that since he was refunded, all that they can do is answer the police inquiry.  WE WILL NOT LET THIS GO since we can’t deduct it because cost of goods is no longer possible.  Fight these people so that everyone has fewer incidents.  Win or lose, we got the time.

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: File police reports and small claims cases

gjs_16
Guide

In most states going to court costs money, as in court fees and such... For civil suits the plaintiff pays these fees upfront, and they may tell you that you can recover these fees (by adding the amount to your lawsuit) but good luck, what do they say?  Can't get blood out of a turnip.
So even if you win, then what?
Garnish their wages?
That's another court processing fee, guess who has to pay that, upfront?
Cash or credit card please.

There are no guarantees the plaintiff will ever see any money for their efforts.
Also from the buyer's perspective you're the armed robber here.
Granted they should send you the items back, but you admitted yourself it was your original mistake.

Message 31 of 57
latest reply

@discountstore57 wrote:

Good afternoon,

So he could send back the item that was received.  EBAY gave me their legal section’s POC..  I don’t mind spending the money for this problem.  He may do it again-to one of you.   An EBAY email stated that this issue is becoming common.  Start fighting and reduce the problem.

Uhm, only if one of us makes the same mistake of issuing that refund before the buyer returns the item.
The fault here lies with the seller, the harder you pursue this the worse it makes you look.

I don't think you're doing the rest of us sellers any favors here.

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

so many people getting scammed. ebay doesn't care and won't help at all. plus sellers are getting their packages randomly missing and their buyer never gets the item. couple sellers think usp or post office steals packages, their was 1 guy who had a camera $1000 he had a buyer paid but no package came. there another guy sold a jersey but the buyer opened it up was shirt and pants both the seller and buyer had no idea where it came from.

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

"Granted they should send you the items back, but you admitted yourself it was your original mistake."

A cashier gave you back more change by mistake but immediately realized it and asked you to return the extra, would you say because it was the casher's original mistake even if you should hand the extra back you wouldn't? And that the business should take the loss and not hold you accountable?

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 34 of 57
latest reply

Good Luck with trying ! I am a retired Police Officer and got took by a person in Florida a former Bartender who decided to rip folks off for a living . I paid by US Postal Money Order for almost $200. Mailed it off and never heard a word after ? I contacted EBAY, went through all of their recommendations. nothing. Found some information on the Scummy Bit*%h and went to the Post Office and checked into what could be done. I even got some help from the Local Police Department in the town in Florida. Found she had gone to a Bar Tending school in Florida and been fired from her  Bar Tending Job. The Home address I mailed the payment to was a empty home for sale by a realtor who never heard of the person and was evidently picking up the payments after dark. Turned out I was just one of many she had ripped off.

The end result was I never accomplished a thing ! Ebay did nothing, The Post Office refused to do anything and told me that a Money Order was just the same as writing a check and not insured in any way and I was not covered in any way ! I was also told that unless the amount was over $500 they would not even look into anything not even Mail fraud ! I was never able to recover a dime and yes I was so mad I would have driven 600 miles to Florida to see this person put in Jail, but there was no where to look for Her. I did, six months later while still trying to pursue her, found she had moved to England. So I became a victim. Even after all this time I would still like to meet her face to face for just a few seconds and would walk away with her sipping soup through a straw for at least three to six months. I carry grudges a long time. but know I will never see her so I just got cheated by a scum bag and it will come back around to her someday. I am sure I have done a lot better in life than she has and I have never cheated anyone to get there.

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

Isn't it unlawful to threaten someone with bodily harm? 

And you think you shouldn't or wouldn't go to jail for knocking her teeth out?  Or the law doesn't pertain to the police? 

People take note cops like this this is why everyone sees bumper stickers that sayJustice for________,,,,,,,

Such anger six months later and still following her movements .....

You were a willing victim.  Paying for something with a payment you have no recourse if you don't get the item was, well it was not too smart. I thought the police officers were smart.  

My mother was a deputy for 30 years and she wouldn't have done that. 

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

I am a former police officer too.  I am also retired military.  I have all the time in the world. Yes, Florida has become an issue for us too.  I am currently requesting an overpayment tax refund. I hold a license in many states due to EBAY not having an agreement with all of them.  Only about 5 don’t charge sales tax, and Florida dies charge it.

Thank you,

The Owner 

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

Bear with me here because I don't understand.

If FL is one of the states that requires eBay to charge buyers who have items delivered to that state, why are you also charging these buyers state sales tax? Or did I mis-read your message? 

Message 38 of 57
latest reply

I  am a Christian. The money goes back.

Message 39 of 57
latest reply

Did you get my answer?  I am not seeing my replies.

Message 40 of 57
latest reply

We did not get the money, nor the item back.

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

After

Message 42 of 57
latest reply

I am a Christian.  It would go back. 

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

@thedi_ster2012 wrote:

I am starting to think there needs to be a class action against Ebay and Paypal's faulty policies that leave sellers vulnerable to buyers. Had a few cases of being scammed and no matter the evidence the buyer has all the power. USA police reports don't do any good as they are civil. So far I won all, but took around 4 months to resolve and one was because the fake item the buyer mailed off was lost in the mail, so if it wasn't for that I would have lost. I am in the middle of one now where I won for doing a partial refund because they cancelled after shipment and I didn't refund the shipping (around $50 plus materials), but the buyer appealed and Ebay refunded without any communication to me. So sellers are in a bad lose lose scenario until policies are updated. Ebay make's their money from a percentage of sold items, you would think they would have more loyalty to the ones bringing in the revenue. Will probably be moving my inventory to different sites and no longer use their services, which is unfortunate as I used them for over a decade and I haven't had much issues until Ebay and Paypal separated and caused conflicting policies. 

I've been saying this for a long time. I bet the total amount sellers have lost to fraudulent buyers is in the millions by now ...

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

@discountstore57 wrote:

Good morning,

We encourage everyone to do the same.  We filed an online police report.  We filed an online small claims case.  We will not let a buyer rip us off.  Stop the madness, file your case.   We lost over  $550.00.  If we have to walk to their state-we willl.  Enough is enough.  An employee accidentally refunded before a return because of how the tab on managed pay looks.  The buyer was refunded and he won’t return the collectable cards.  We sent a return label through returns.  He said that it was blank.  We don’t know....could be...We emailed him one through EBAY.  We mailed him one.  We offered a prepaid service.  EBAY states that since he was refunded, all that they can do is answer the police inquiry.  WE WILL NOT LET THIS GO since we can’t deduct it because cost of goods is no longer possible.  Fight these people so that everyone has fewer incidents.  Win or lose, we got the time.

Wish you the very best, and for everyone here saying "its your fault too bad" lol. I guarantee you most of them would be here as outraged as you had something like this happened to them. Making a mistake is not "giving a gift". How ridiculous? People should be ashamed to be writing such nonsense.

Hopefully you are able to set some sort of precedent to ward off all these low-life degenerates out there hiding behind the MBG and stealing from honest people.

I do wholeheartedly hope that there is a class-action lawsuit against ebay some day for their role in defrauding sellers. They are an accessory to these crimes.

Message 45 of 57
latest reply