cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees

Why am I getting charged to revise the selling price of an item? I revised the selling price on 7 items and 2 of them show a 35 cent fee to do so. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Fees

We'd need more info to know for sure.  35 cents sounds like an insertion fee, are you sure you're just revising them, and not doing "Sell Similar" accidentally?  Other options are that you added some feature accidentally in the process, most likely.  If you copy the full text or post a screenshot, we can help better.  It should explain exactly what the charges are for.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I am not computer savy so I don't know how to do a screenshot. I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't accept it here. I did the revisions all at the same time but when I got to submit all it showed I was being charged 70 cents so I cancelled all of them and went back in and did each one separately to find which one was being charged the fee. I found the two and I have nothing out of the ordinary selected because if I did I would have been charged a fee when I listed it earlier. It really has me confused. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Maybe if you post the Item Number of the two that you are being charged for something could be seen as to why.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The item numbers are 386300234468 and 386300234474. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@1spoiledog wrote:

Nope, I do not see any aditional features added to your listings that would add a fee.  I checked to see if they may have been relisted but they do not show in you completed items as ended.  It does not look like you exceeded your 250 Free listings.  So I do not see a reason for the fees.

Have you tried to call or chat with eBay?  If there is an error they can credit your account.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I have been reading old questions here on the community board and I see that this has happened to a number of people a couple of years ago. They came up with several answers but none are sure why this is happening.  I tried Ebay but only got the automated answer which is useless unless you have a common problem.  Thank YOU for the help. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

"Buy it Now" and "auction"....I have a store subscription. I cannot I believe change one to the other. I tried but it wouldn't let me. You must have changed from to the other or both. Revising a price but with an auction might be the problem.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@1spoiledog wrote:

I have been reading old questions here on the community board and I see that this has happened to a number of people a couple of years ago. They came up with several answers but none are sure why this is happening.  I tried Ebay but only got the automated answer which is useless unless you have a common problem.  Thank YOU for the help. 

It is very difficult to actually talk to anyone.  There are drawn out procedures that if you follow then you may be offered a option for a call back.  If you use the chat function and are chatting with an agent you can request a phone call.

I have had billing errors in the past and they have always been corrected after I was able to talk to eBay and explaine the charges.  It is quite simple.  You are allowed so many Free Listings, you have not used your monthly allotment of Free Listings so why is there charges for Listings.  eBay should be able to explain if the Fees are because you used an optional feature. 

There is an Optional Listing Upgrade that is called Gallery Plus and this cost 35¢.  It is possible this was clicked on when you changed the listing?  Open your listing and click on See photo options.  See if you have the Gallery Plus option turned on.  This is the only Optional Listing Upgrade that I know of for 35¢.

stephenmorgan_1-1701752201976.png

stephenmorgan_0-1701751927794.png

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Stumped on this one. I took a look at the two items. The first one shows an original post date of 20 November with an update on 4 December but there is nothing in the revision history. The second one also has a original post date of November 20 but does not even show any update history. I don't see anything in either listing that would have caused the $.35 fee. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1701753390212.pngdbfolks166mt_1-1701753399629.png

dbfolks166mt_2-1701753426335.png

dbfolks166mt_3-1701753721897.png

dbfolks166mt_4-1701753763867.png

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I see your two items are listed in the Collectables & Art category and I understand that you should not be charged for the Gallery Plus upgrade in this category.

There has been other post about being charged for the upgrade in this category also. Read some of these old posts and see if they offer anything useful.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q...

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

As some have suggested it could be a Gallery Plus fee.  I changed a category on one of my items and the Gallery Plus showed up checked with the 35 cent fee.  I just clicked it off and it didn't seem to make any difference with my ad.  You'll find it just under your photo. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@1spoiledog wrote:

I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't accept it here. I did the revisions all at the same time but when I got to submit all it showed I was being charged 70 cents so I cancelled all of them and went back in and did each one separately to find which one was being charged the fee. I found the two and I have nothing out of the ordinary selected because if I did I would have been charged a fee when I listed it earlier. It really has me confused. 

Are you trying to add a second category to the listings?

If so, you would be charged an additional insertion fee because free insertions do not cover additional categories.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply