cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling down goy? Here’s 100,000 listings

This is the most ridiculous and short sighted thing eBay has ever done. 100,000 listings?? Haha. Most sellers with a store are running 200-500 per month. And you guys are giving us 100,000?? What am I going to do with that? Nothing! You guys at eBay have just given your biggest sellers (that are mostly listing cheap Chinese made junk), a huge gift of listings while at the same time flooding the platform and pushing your bread and butter sellers down even farther.  It seems like a bad joke. EBay, you need to think about the core of your business. The sellers that run mid level stores and sell quality used merchandise. We are mostly stuck at home and can not obtain new inventory right now. We aren’t able to list 1500 items PER DAY! I also know the other reasoning behind that offer, maybe a lot of sellers forget to cancel the free listings and then bam! Huge fees in two months when they auto relist. Thanks for nothing EBay. Just to be clear, I’m not asking for a handout, but I’m also not not asking for a smokescreen  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Feeling down goy? Here’s 100,000 listings

Doubt you speak for all stores.......the people who can use 1-100,000 hopefully will use what they can and be grateful for them..........

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@fraus_smntrg wrote:

And you guys are giving us 100,000?? What am I going to do with that? Nothing!  

If you only needed 50 listings, then you got them.

If you only needed 100 listings, then you got them.

If you only needed 250 listings, then you got them.

If you only needed 500 listings, then you got them.

The fact that you can't use the other 99,500 is not a bad thing.

I think the point of the offer was to let you list as much as you want to.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

The OP is completely correct! Its a joke. I just found this promotion for NEW SELLERS. But those of us that have been around for almost 20 years are getting diddly squat save for a bunch of listings that MOST sellers aren't going to use.

What is the Promotion?

Eligible sellers ("Sellers") who register as a new business seller, RSVP and sign up for an eBay Store subscription, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will:

• Pay no subscription fee (the “Promotional Subscription Rate”) for the first 3 months of their subscription start date (“the Store Subscription Discount”). See the Subscription Fee Table below for discount amounts.

and

1. Pay no final value fees for the first 500 sold items that were listed during the Promotion Listing Period (the “Final Value Fee Discount”).

collectively, referred to as the "Promotion".

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE 500 ITEMS WITH NO FINAL VALUE FEE!!!!!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Wow! Giving new and potentially desperate sellers all those freebies off the backs of the sellers that have made this site tick for years is pretty short sighted! Unreal.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Exactly. I really hope more sellers wake up to this! EBAY IS GIVING NEWBIES AND POWER SELLERS ALL THE PERKS WHILE YOU ARE SLOWLY SINKING!

They think that we are going to be consistently paying the fees which will pay for these newbies. I am extremely disappointed!
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Another thing to consider is the fact that EBAY is going to be taking as much advantage of the govt stimulus as they possibly can. They have started off by creating a promotion that is an attempt to drum up new sellers for EBAY. I wonder how many people ebay has laid off in the last couple weeks??

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Should eBay have given unlimited free listings for 30 days?

Should eBay have limited the number of listings to 500 free listings per seller?

Should eBay have given 0 free listings?

Take your pick...I suspect you would still be complaining...

There are those who are never satisfied...

There are those who are ungrateful for anything unless it is something they can control...

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@rejuvenatekalamazoo wrote:

They have started off by creating a promotion that is an attempt to drum up new sellers for EBAY

eBay's entire business model is based on getting people to buy things from other people.

Of course they are going to try to get people to buy things from other people. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Maybe EBay could have done something to help those of us that pay for a store and consistently have $1000 per month in FVF that are always paid on time. Instead they give out 100K free listings and offer NEW SELLERS some really great perks! But, if you want to erect some more strawmen go ahead.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Right! Perfect time for a big promotion to drum up new sellers! Because when you have a short staff bringing in brand new sellers that will undoubtedly have problems, cause problems, is a really fantastic idea!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

New sellers will have little impact as new sellers have listing/selling limits.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Perhaps if sellers were to expend their time & energy on finding ways to keep their own selling moving forward, there'd be no time to worry about all those new sellers that in your eyes are seemingly going to be problematic.....

we were all new sellers at one time.... why should they be so unwelcomed???

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Are you being dense on purpose, or is it really that difficult to see that new sellers will always cause more issues as far as calls to customer service, returns, poor descriptions, and so on.. And, you have decided to move on to another fallacious argument, this time moving the goalposts. I am always looking to move my business forward and that has NOTHING to do with this topic. Please, refrain from responding to me again if all you can do is produce fallacy. Thanks.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

"new sellers will always cause more issues" 

and some just carry that forward for years...

but we are all allowed to express an opinion, dense or otherwise

eBay is not obligated to do anything.

eBay provides the platform and it is up to the seller to use said platform applying the tools and features as provided by said venue.

It is unfortunate in these times that there are always those that feel so "entitled"

Carry on!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply