cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel Like I am being scammed

I am livid, I had a buyer put a forwarding request into the post office and now are saying that they did not receive the item. I told the buyer since they had to have put the request in, they needed to speak with their post office. Within minutes, they gave me a negative feedback and I have not heard another word from them. I feel like this is a scam and ebay sent me a response to my request to have the negative feedback removed that it was inelgible????? How when I can't do anything to resolve the issue???? If it was lost I call the post office and open a case, I can't do anything when the BUYER has a forwarding request and I ship it to the address provided by the buyer!!!!! Of course I can't speak with anyone about this as ebay only now allows you to go through their seller help page. I have had a 100% feedback for years and am so upset a scammer is able to do this!!! Any advice???

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Feel Like I am being scammed

Oh and I forgot to add, then she opened a return??? How is she supposed to return an item she did not get??????

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I'm sorry that this happened to you but really it will be okay. Getting that first negative always stings a bit but it goes away rather quickly. Kind of like getting a needle prick for an injection, it only hurts briefly then it goes away. 

Everyone who reads that comment will completely understand that they changed their address in reality but not on eBay. You did the correct thing in mailing to the address in eBay. The fault is on the buyer and it shows from the FB. It will be fine for you. Keep on selling and this neg will fall to your second page where no one will see it easily. You'll be fine. When anyone sells online there is bound to be an unhappy person once in a while. You will end up receiving another in time as it's only natural. You cannot please every person out there. Don't focus on one neg, concentrate on selling more items. Put this behind you. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@lamber9347   The neg FB is NOT justified.  You can post your issue on the Weekly Chat and ask the eBay support team the proper procedure to address 1) the redirected shipment scam and 2) the unjustified Neg FB.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@lamber9347   The neg FB is NOT justified.  You can post your issue on the Weekly Chat and ask the eBay support team the proper procedure to address 1) the redirected shipment scam and 2) the unjustified Neg FB.

I never said it was justified, I'm sorry you seem to have interpreted that somehow. I'm trying to make the OP feel better and not focus on it. These things happen and this FB doesn't qualify to be removed based on the criteria from eBay.... 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Those are Wed's at 4pm eastern time correct? Thank you and I will. I really feel this wasn't right.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@lamber9347 wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I never said it was justified, I'm sorry you seem to have interpreted that somehow. I'm trying to make the OP feel better and not focus on it. These things happen and this FB doesn't qualify to be removed based on the criteria from eBay.... 

Oops ... THAT reply of mine was NOT meant for you, sorry ... chalk that one up to The Community's new convoluted Reply formats.  Again, that reply was intended for the OP .... MY mistake, please accept my sincere apologies. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@boxerlover141 wrote:

Those are Wed's at 4pm eastern time correct?

Correct. There will be a posting about the Chat at the top of this Selling group that will appear either tomorrow or Wednesday morning, with a link.

You might want to write out your posting in advance in Notepad or similar, so you can get it all clearly in print ahead of time, and then just paste it into the chat as soon as the session opens up.

What exactly does the tracking say? Is there any mention of a forwarding order in the tracking? Did she file an Item Not Received dispute or a return request? If it's an INR, you should be able to get that resolved in your favor, if tracking shows a Delivered status in the City and ZIP of the Ship-To address you received with the payment. Upload your tracking number to the dispute where indicated. 

If it's a return request, respond by accepting the return and issuing a label. If she doesn't use the label within 5 days (if I remember right), you can get the dispute closed out. It may be possible to have the Neg removed as well. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

It would seem this method to cheat sellers has become a flavor of the week scam. There have been several threads about the same exact problem. My personal opinion is the seller should be exempt from  blame. The seller did not authorize this hand off, and this was not the shipping/ delivery method noted in the listing. If nothing else, for this very reason you should contact eBay and see if you can't get your negative removed. This is something eBay needs to act on, as it will no doubt become a more popular way to scam sellers, as apparently, it works!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hi, thank you for the info and advice to write it out ahead of time! Interestingly, the buyer contacted me(not through ebay message) that they received the item from the post office. They closed the return, but as of yet have not removed negative feedback even though I sent a revision request. I hate not being able to speak with someone at ebay as this is becoming very complicated to explain. I messaged back and asked them to revise the feedback. I really do not want to let this lie. I know it's only 1 person's feedback but it's the first negative feedback on this store and I have had it for about 5 years. I will definitely write it out ahead of time and hopefully they will update the feedback so I don't have to. Thank you again for the info and advice!!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I looked at the feedback and that buyer responded to your comment "Great items, I will buy it again from you." Make sure you put that buyer on your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

YAY!!! She changed the feedback!! I don't know why it went down like that but jeez! All's well that ends well, but I am sorry to see this seems to be the scam dujour. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

At least this was a month ago.

With the Covid the return back for the buyer is 30 days! Yes 30 days! Crazy! I had a return request a month ago and had to wait 30 long days for the buyer to not return ( I think she was looking for a freebie). Called ebay on day 31 to close the return and make sure my label was refunded.

Lorieann Laux
Message 13 of 13
latest reply