cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I am really frustrated.  When I sell items I always leave feedback as soon as possible for my buyers.  Most of them pay really quickly & I feel it is nice to let other people know this.  The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

We all depend on our feedback to build our reputation on ebay.  It's not like I expect every single person to leave me perfect feedback- although I strive to provide good service.  If they leave me positive feedback- great!  If not, I know what I need to improve on.  Why don't people leave feedback?  I think I am going to start delaying my feedback for others.  Some might not agree with me, but it should be a mutual effort.

Message 1 of 115
latest reply
114 REPLIES 114

Re: Feedback

You seem to have an excellent command of the English language......it is a second language for me.

Why is it then that you do not appear to understand the meaning of VOLUNTARY ?

Perhaps you are putting the rong emfaarsis on the rong silaarbel,

Message 31 of 115
latest reply

@snowbunnies*home wrote:

I do subscribe to the belief that customers should be thanked for their business, so I am making some changes in my normal routine.

I guess I don't see feedback as the place to say thanks. Sure, you can do so, but it's not the only or even best place for it imho. Many don't look at their feedback and will never see it there. A nice note enclosed with their purchase is more likely to be seen.

I am at the point that I rarely bother to leave it anymore, but when I do leave it as a seller I check their feedback first. If they look like they are solid ebayers I go ahead and leave it first. If they look flakey I don't.

Message 32 of 115
latest reply

One thing that could help is to get rid of the 60 days limitation for feedback. People have other priorities in life or simply forget. I have many times tried to leave feedback when I got around to it only to find out that I can no longer leave it as it's been past the 60 days limit.
Message 33 of 115
latest reply

This is an old.thread.

If.you.can't get around.to leaving feedback.within 60 days, why bother? If you.can't get around.to it.within 60 days, what says you would be able to get around it in 70 days or 80 days or 90 days.
Message 34 of 115
latest reply

Well, my and other buyers experience says. I said it in my very post that you replied to - "I have many times tried to leave feedback when I got around to it only to find out that I can no longer leave it as it's been past the 60 days limit." I have also seen many others say the same thing here in other threads.

Message 35 of 115
latest reply

I am finding lately that less & less buyers are leaving feedback.  I've had 61 sales in the last 31 days and have received feedback for 11 of those sales.  I leave feedback the same day I ship the items.  I know MANY buyers see feedback as important FROM sellers but don't see leaving feedback FOR sellers worth their time or energy. 

I find when buying in a retail store that MANY clerks don't say "Thank You" until after I thank them.  I notice that and I think when you hold feedback hostage until after the buyer leaves it for you they will notice it as well.  I just started buying my bubble wrap from a different seller here on ebay after my usual seller turned out to be a deadbeat.  I have bought from the new seller with HIGH feedback twice now and have yet to receive feedback from them even though I have left it both times.  I do notice that.  I will continue to use this seller & will continue to leave feedback even though they fail in leaving it in return.  I get my items in a timely fashion AND they use Fed Ex Smartpost so it goes to my P.O. Box which is a HUGE plus for me especially in the winter months when UPS or other carriers won't deliver to my house~~I have a long driveway up and down hills for over 1/4 mile.

Message 36 of 115
latest reply

for buyers not leaving positive feedback.   I think as a mater of policy that ebay themselves should post auto positive feedback to sellers who did not recieve from a buyer after say 45 days if no complaints were recieved from the buyers.

Just a thought!!

Message 37 of 115
latest reply

I would like to propose a solution for both sides. I too have experienced the frustration both as a buyer and a seller.
How about if eBay set it up so that, if after say 30 days, the other side has not responded you get to pull your feedback effectively dropping their number. NOT changing your feed back from good to bad. NOT opening it up for response and bickering. Simply allow you to delete your feedback and not allow the other side to respond in complaint. I think if some people realized that feedback is a MAJOR TENNANT of how eBay works they may be less complacent about it if their numbers started going down. If you wnat to take it even farther eBay can add a column to all buyers and sellers pages titiled: FEEDBACK RETRACTIONS.

Message 38 of 115
latest reply

I would like to propose a solution for both sides. I too have experienced the frustration both as a buyer and a seller.
How about if eBay set it up so that, if after say 30 days, the other side has not responded you get to pull your feedback effectively dropping their number. NOT changing your feed back from good to bad. NOT opening it up for response and bickering. Simply allow you to delete your feedback and not allow the other side to respond in complaint. I think if some people realized that feedback is a MAJOR TENNANT of how eBay works they may be less complacent about it if their numbers started going down.

Message 39 of 115
latest reply

@mkiispit8bu6

@mkiispit8bu6 wrote:

How about if eBay set it up so that, if after say 30 days, the other side has not responded you get to pull your feedback effectively dropping their number. NOT changing your feed back from good to bad. NOT opening it up for response and bickering. Simply allow you to delete your feedback and not allow the other side to respond in complaint. I think if some people realized that feedback is a MAJOR TENNANT of how eBay works they may be less complacent about it if their numbers started going down.

Oh my... I sell on ebay to make money, not for some slobby gold star on my homework.

The day I can deposit feed back into the bank and pay my bills.

That will be the day I give a rip about some pointless FB.

Message 40 of 115
latest reply

**General reply**

Necrothread

Feedback

is

voluntary

vol·un·tar·y
ˈvälənˌterē/
adjective
adjective: voluntary
  1. 1.
    done, given, or acting of one's own free will.
    "we are funded by voluntary contributions"
    synonyms: optional, discretionary, elective, noncompulsory, volitional;
    "attendance is voluntary"

Nobody has to leave it, and if someone leaves a neutral or negative JUST because they didn't get their rotten green donut...well then that person is...

I can't say it, I don't want to be kicked off the board.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 41 of 115
latest reply

I was trying to put forth a valid idea in a civil manner.  You however seem to want to be snarky. Maybe, because you should have the decorum to also act in a civil manner but don't, you shouldn't be on the board. I know the meaning of the word voluntary. I also know the premise. But it is also "customary". I will spare you and others the definition. My idea is fair for all and is not punitive. It also encourages and incentives feedback. That voluntary action of leaving feedback goes both ways. I only proposed a way to retract feedback if it is not reciprocated whether it is reciprocated positively or negatively. 

Message 42 of 115
latest reply

Yet another immature response. Your rating effects your sales whether you wish to admit it or not.

Message 43 of 115
latest reply

@mkiispit8bu6 wrote:

I think if some people realized that feedback is ... basically irrlevant in ... how eBay works they may be less ... obsessed ...  about it.

There.  Fixed that for you.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 44 of 115
latest reply

Right now my valid question has been hit with sarcastic and caustic responses. Let's try to keep this on a professional and civil level. OK, correct me if I am wrong. I am of the understanding that Feedback is and always has been a foundational premise of how trust is established on ebay. Also that a sellers rating determines such things as reduced fees and prominent results in searches. So the better the rating the less you pay in fees and the more likely your items are to show up in a search. It is true that a large percentage of buyers, including myself, are less likely to buy from a seller with a bad rating, so at least in that respect, feedback does make a difference. If we all took the attitude that a previous comment expressed that he didn't give a rip about useless feedback then where would the ebay community be? Without feedback how would you know who to trust? 

Message 45 of 115
latest reply