cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast selling, low margin products. How low of a margin should you go?

A decent size part of what I sell are fast selling low margin products, but I struggle to find the ideal point for how low should I go in terms of margins. Any advice?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fast selling, low margin products. How low of a margin should you go?

I think that is something only you can decide.

Myself, if I clear a couple bucks, I'm good with that, others wouldn't do it unless they could clear $20 or more.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

What are these "low margin" products? I skimmed over your listings but didn't see anything that appeared to match that description unless you are overpaying or underpricing. I expected I would see a whole bunch of sub $5 new items but found only vintage/collectibles that should provide big margins if you buy right

Personally anything that is moving fast is underpriced unless I have an unlimited replaceable supply.

As far as your primary question, every seller here (the ones that actually think about margins) would have a different number and a different technique to get there all based on a multitude of factors.

I like to think in terms of "how high can I go" rather than how low I can go and still survive.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I live in Portugal, my only way to source is through online auctions. There's nothing remotely close to the amount of ways to get inventory, like in the US. As such,  I have to pay up for my items - ex: Barbies. Most of them  are low margin to me, because I have to pay up to get them (I make about 25% net profit margins), but they do sell fast - most inventory sells within 2 weeks.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply