cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake or scammer buyer

Ok I listed a cell phone on a 3 day auction, the buyer that edged everybody out had zero feedback, phone number search came back to adult service and address came back as a huge building in Miami that looks like a forward shipper.  Their payment was rejected so eBay let me relish again today.  An hr after relisting it, it was sold on BIN.  Problem is the buyer has one feedback and it was yesterday for buying and not paying for another phone.  How do you keep scammers with no feedback from bidding.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Fake or scammer buyer

Phones are the one of the top items scammers target on ebay. Personally, I would never sell a phone or electronics on ebay. Good luck in getting a legit sale in the future. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Fake or scammer buyer

@kendel72 wrote:

How do you keep scammers with no feedback from bidding.

You don't; what you do is list high-scam items such as cellphones as BuyItNow listings only, for whatever price you want to get for it, with no Make Offer option and with the Immediate Payment Required option set. (See the full listing form to find that checkbox.) That way no one can snatch your item off the market without actually paying you for it first. High-value cellphones or smartphones are not safe auction items.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Fake or scammer buyer

You can send a SCO to the 583 feedback bidder from the first auction. As long as the policy is followed for seller protection, you will be fine. Ship to the address on the payment page. Because the price is <$750, you only need tracking to show delivery.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 4
latest reply