cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhausted by extra clicking to see basic listings!- NOW a new "see full description" button!?!

Does any one...anyone at all at ebay  have a lick of common sense... or business sense at all?

Why did they add more inconvenience to seeing the listing description???

If they want to limit the information and clutter on the listing page- why not get rid of all the annoying promoted listings that are not even close to relevant?

EBAY- all you have done again is add friction to the buying experience!- the buyer has already shown interest in the item by clicking on it- yes that listing already drew their attention and they deemed it a potential purchase and wanted to see more relevant details.......but instead ebay thinks it is better to hide those details from view and make them work harder to make the purchase.    

Its completely amazing that anyone can buy or sell anything on this platform anymore- 

please just stop mucking up the process with your stupid ideas and testing- just let up conduct business with you hindering us for a change

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Exhausted by extra clicking to see basic listings!- NOW a new "see full description" b

I think I've seen 3 different versions of the item page just on my home PC over the past week.

Message 91 of 97
latest reply

Re: Exhausted by extra clicking to see basic listings!- NOW a new "see full description" b

There is no need to test if you employ people have good ideas and designs.  Common sense is just that COMMON SENSE. some things do not need constant testing.

Test results are in - get rid of Promoted listings and distractions on the listing page.  Show ALL information pertinent to the item and seller. Stop trying to get the buyer to leave the page they just showed interest in and watch the sales start to rise again.....common sense

What ebay is basically doing is as if at home depot-when you get to the cashier- the isle and end caps are all full of Lowes items and coupons and balloons telling you to put down the product you were about to buy and are perfectly happy with and go down the road to the competing store.   Utter stupidity.

The only difference is that ebay get the final value fee regardless they don't care. What they refuse to admit or recognize is all the sales they thwart with this method of distraction and confusion

Message 92 of 97
latest reply

"There is no need to test if you employ people have good ideas and designs."

I would absolutely disagree with that.  Not only are the programmers NOT the ones that will be using the changes on a daily basis, they have to try and captures the needs of the majority of buyers and sellers.  There is no way to do that without their opinions and observations.  The very best of programmers can't do that on their own. 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 93 of 97
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

I don't like it either.

Apparently it hasn't been fully "rolled out" yet.

Not everyone sees it.

I see the new format at work but I don't see it from home. 

Let's hope they decided NOT to go ahead with this change, 

@inhawaii 

@mam98031 

From recent history, when something has been "rolled out" and met with mass disapproval, it has either taken forever or never happened to be reversed/corrected. According to every seasonal updates any changes eBay has announced have always included the term "improvement". Majority never have been and in many cases could be described as downgrades.

-Lotz

And when they DO halt a roll out they still leave the poor unfortunates who got it early stuck with it.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 94 of 97
latest reply

If something is being made to click on, you can bet your sweet apple that there is a counter attached to that click. Which will provide another data graph, upon which charges will incur. Soon you will pay per keystroke here.

Message 95 of 97
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

@dhbookds    

Ebay - people just want to buy and sell used items and just want it to work on mobile devices AND desktops

And be, less complicated , less of a challenge.

Message 96 of 97
latest reply

I'm not sure why there is a misunderstanding.  There was NO ROLL  OUT.  This is still in the testing phase.  Many of us have seen all kinds of different ways listings have displayed in the last few months.  Nothing was "halted", it is just still in testing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 97 of 97
latest reply