cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever file a dispute against eBay?

Recently I was scammed on eBay  and eBay sided with the scammer. It was 100% obvious it was a scam and the buyer even admitted in eBay messaging that he simply changed his mind - but still filed a "not as described" complaint. eBay of course sided with the scammer and took the money from my account. I instantly filed a fraud complaint with my bank against eBay and got the money back. We'll see how it goes.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Ever file a dispute against eBay?

Wouldn't it be easier to gather all your evidence and submit it to Ebay for an Appeal of their decision on the claim?  Likely a whole lot faster and less time consuming too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I did that and it did not help...they are always kn the side of the wrong one

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Not always, but it is hard to win one to be sure.  Depends on the type of evidence you had that you submitted to Ebay too.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

You could lose and get charged $20.+ by your bank.

You might even have your account restricted from contesting the eBay payment.

The best of luck.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Fraudulent "Not as described" return - buyer even ... - The eBay Community

Thanks.  I thought there was an echo in here.   😄 

Not to mention resurrecting three dead threads earlier with the same.

-

-

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

eBay sides with the buyer FAR too often IMO and blindly even when the buyer selects the dreaded "not as described" even when there is a preponderance of evidence to the contrary.  I've had cases where the buyer admitted they bought the wrong size (but was listed accurately) ebay still allowed the return.  I had one buyer that didn't even bother to open the item purchased but filed a "not as described" and yep, ebay allowed the return.  Yet another shipped back a pump they admitted to installing themselves (and were not licensed, nor did they install as manufacture requires) burning out the pump and then opened a "not as described" .....just to add insult to injury, they shipped it back in a cardboard box vs original wooden crate it was shipped in.....pump was then damaged beyond repair!  Guess who had to eat all three of these for a total of over $1500k?  Yep, me!  EBAY NEEDS TO REMOVE THE "NOT AS DESCRIBED" RETRUN OPTION!

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Filing a false claim with your bank isn't a very good idea.

So the buyer filed a false INAD, a lot of them do when the seller doesn't accept returns.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

eBay DOES NOT sides with the buyer too often.

eBay sides with the buyer 100% of the times even if the buyer is scammer.

DO NOT waste your time, calling eBay.

DO NOT Waste your time asking for a revision.

eBay won't remove a negative feedback, I refunded the money for  an item that was delivered back to me due to a ghost address, the scammer with 0 feedback of course gave me a negative feedback, eBay won't remove the negative feedback.

eBay will favor the buyer a 100% of the time, and there is nothing the seller can do about it.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

I dont think they need to remove the inad option.

What I think they should do is treat buyers more like they treat sellers.  IE require higher standards of proof and not always be inherently on one side.  Especially when it comes to longtime veteran sellers with years of excellent track records vs brand new/relatively new buyer accounts.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

I dont think they need to remove the inad option.

What I think they should do is treat buyers more like they treat sellers.  IE require higher standards of proof and not always be inherently on one side.  Especially when it comes to longtime veteran sellers with years of excellent track records vs brand new/relatively new buyer accounts.

They should do away with no returns so sellers won't be complaining about taking a return.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

No, they should have a real "no returns" for used items and chargeback-proof it by making buyer acknowledge it is a no-returns item during checkout. And for sellers who may abuse the option, let it be an option that must be earned and can be taken away.

eBay could do a lot of things that would help sellers sell and bring more items to eBay, they just choose not to.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

No, they should have a real "no returns" for used items and chargeback-proof it by making buyer acknowledge it is a no-returns item during checkout. And for sellers who may abuse the option, let it be an option that must be earned and can be taken away.

eBay could do a lot of things that would help sellers sell and bring more items to eBay, they just choose not to.

If they want to accept credit cards, they have to accept returns, that's one of their requirements.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

So the buyer filed a false INAD, a lot of them do when the seller doesn't accept returns.

I have a "no returns" policy.

I have never had a buyer file a false INAD claim because I don't accept returns.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but It hasn't happened to me yet.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 15 of 29
latest reply