cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when trying to update my sports card listing

So trying to update my item specifics...what in the world does this mean?

"The provided condition id is invalid for the selected primary category id"

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Error message when trying to update my sports card listing

Got the same msg. They force us to go to original/new format and manually do all.  click on edit below msg and you will see.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

SMH.  I love when they send the lower-your-price email on items which leads to an error page after you make the changes.  Nobody has that kind of time to go in circles.  Get the kinks fixed eBay for it is an issue.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This is a huge issue...how does a company the size of Ebay make a mandatory change that does not work and completely messes up everyone's listings?  And when we are left to make the changes on 1000's of listings...we get errors...do they try this stuff before they send out the updates? Be better ebay. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'm having the same issue on the 9,000+ listings I am required to update. Please tell me a solution is being worked on , I don't have time to manually go into each listings and do the updates that way.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

same issue ...eBay has conflicting answers ( 1st is that: It is a bug.  (2nd is that: It is not a bug and it is intentional... quite certain this is because there is someone on staff sitting around dreaming up new ways to charge fees... please let me know if there is a go-around  thx!  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

This is absolutely insane.  Error message when updating so YOU CANNOT UPDATE??  "Error - The provided condition id is invalid for the selected primary category id" or "Error - Card Attributes is not allowed as a variation specific".  These changes/updates are causing grief to thousands and thousands of sellers.  Heads should be rolling at eBay - no answers - no updates - just a deadline of July 12th.  This is outrageous.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am getting the same error when trying to upload item specifics:  

Error - The provided condition id is invalid for the selected primary category id.

eBay - Please provide a solution.  July 12th is coming soon.  Nobody wants their listings ended because of the inability to update item specifics in bulk.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Are you trying to list a single card that was in a pack as New?

I think ebay has said they consider it used, if removed from a pack.........  there has been some kick back about that, but no resolution to be able to use new that I've seen.......

Message 9 of 9
latest reply