cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error, automatic update the quantity after I revise the listing

I was trying to revise the price for my item.

After I revised my listing, the quantity of the item increase randomly automatic. System Glitch

Item that was previous sold suppose to be zero quantity but the quantity increase back to the original number of quantity when I first listed.

I am not the only one with this issue.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Error, automatic update the quantity after I revise the listing

Might be worth mentioning what browser, device, app, etc you are using so eBay staff can troubleshoot it.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Having similar problem here. A few of my multi variation listings keep adjusting quantity randomly. Ebay please fix this soon. I dont know what to do I am selling things that are out of stock!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I'm experiencing similar problems... I just had to manually update almost all of my listings with variations and the available quantity is no longer appearing for orders with variations...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I am using Firefox browser up to date, and it still have the same problem today on april 17.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

They don't adjust randomly,it adjust to the quantity based on your original listing. This is not the first time they have this kind of issue, it happened last year. I called them and it's hard to explain this issue to ebay technician.
My problem is,you start your listing with 10 items and you sold 5 items, once you revise your listing it will random update back to qty 10.

I don't recommend to revise any listing until it's fix. Good Luck selling guys
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Yep- had that happen to 4 auctions with over 700 cards in inventory. I thought I did something wrong, but when I went in today to change a shipping method, I immediately went to the revised auction to check quantities and they had all reverted back to their original quantity again.

That first instance ended up forcing me to cancel 7 auctions worth a few hundred dollars. Thankfully, 3 of the buyers were super understanding, but this definitely effects my defect rate.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I have the same problem too. eBay please fix this ASAP. Thanks!!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I am having the same issue. I just try to keep checking quantities and changing listings back. I use IE browser. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Variations listing. I have 4 variations. I just now set them  all  to "0" quantity.

A few minutes later i went to look at it. It now shows a quantity of: 1, 0, 0, 3.

There's definitely a problem.  

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

having the same problem..... another thing to mention is paypal keeps their 2.9% fee when a transaction is cancelled.... so can we get ebay to reimburse us?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Good point Paypal will keep the 2.9% and the worst thing is buyer will write you a negative feedback b/c of out of stock. And affecting the selling performance, you wouldn't be a power seller again. We need more people to share this post and aware the problem. Otherwise ebay wouldn't revise your seller performance & negative feedback.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply