cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address reset, password reset and all listings cancelled

I woke up this morning to an email on my personal email that I originally setup my eBay account on. Thought it was spam till I attempted to login with my updated email address. Went through and reset password through eBay, and found that all my listings have been cancelled, my email was set to the old email, banking info was removed and at least the last 4 reviews are now gone off my account. 

All of the listings I had up are now cancelled and I'm unable to relist them as the process errors out as well. I'm not sure what happened but is there a way to get all the cancelled listings listed again or do I have to manually create them all again. I also tried using sell similar items as well.

I have also since added in 2factor auth on the account hoping this doesn't happen again.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Email address reset, password reset and all listings cancelled

@therepairpanda wrote:

Attached is the email. Doesn't say anything about being suspended. Just says there was suspicious activity and the email went to the old email I had used to setup the account a few years back. I changed it recently to keep things separate from my personal email and eBay business emails.

The strange part is I was up to 19 reviews and I'm back to 15...

1000001888.png

@therepairpanda,

Based on the wording in that message, and what you have described, it appears that eBay feels that your account may have been hijacked.

It looks as though they think that the email was changed, and your recent items were listed, by someone who stole your account. That's why they are using your old email address not the new one, and why they have removed your listings, and the feedback you got from your recent sales. It looks like  your selling feedback now all dates back to about 2021 or earlier.

So it's not so much that your account has been suspended ... it's more that you need to prove to eBay that you actually are the true, original owner of this account.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

This gives me a little bit more info go go one when I reach out to support tomorrow. Thanks. Though idk why that happened. I've verified everything when I updated the account from my personal email to a separate email solely to keep track of eBay.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Did what change? I didn't use any of the links in the email I went straight to eBay.com. and sure enough I couldn't use Gmail login or the updated email I changed it to. It was all reset from when I last used it back in 2021...

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

So recap. for everyone who helped with information.

I wasn't sure of how long eBay would take to get back to me. Surprisingly they called back pretty fast.  Everything has been taken care of. As the customer service explained to me, the account was "inactive" for a while. Suddenly, there was activity, email updated, switched from personal to business, etc. 

This flagged my account as being suspicious. Thanks to having the ability to still access my account, adding on 2-Factor Auth, and updating my password they were able to get things figured out pretty quickly it seems. They have escalated the issue to have everything restored from the past month or two and fixed the listings that I'm not able to relist. Just got the email while writing this that I'm now able to relist my items.

Once again I appreciate the help and suggestions as it was helpful when explaining to customer support on the phone what had happened.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply