cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales have dropped dramatically! Anyone else having this problem?

Since January my Ebay sales have dropped dramatically! Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Ebay sales have dropped dramatically! Anyone else having this problem?

Yes. My sales have gone from $6,700 a month to $3,500 a month. In about 8 months time it's dropped nearly half. You could imagine how much more comfortable I used to be. I made more when I had LESS listings!
Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Picking up a little bit in the last 3 days, but the last 60 have been very bad in general to the point where all one can do is pay your fees to stay in the game.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Thanks it's not just me, I about the same as you, mine have also gone to about half if not less. Kinda hard to survive when this is all I do. Not sure what or WHO to blame it on. It ain't me, I haven't changed a thing.

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

we  have ALWAYS had at least 4 or 5 sales a day if not more going back for at least 5 years.

just 2 sales in the last 4 days!  i have never seen anything like this before.  

lots of days with just 1 or 2 sales in the last month.  steady decline for the last 3 or 4 months.

we are gettiong destroyed paying for a store with no customers.

i am pretty sure ebay has changed the search algos again.  

another seller said it perfectly:  "ebay is turning our business into a hobby."  

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

YES! I used to sell several items everyday. I've had one sale this past week. Since the fall of 2016 my sales have dropped dramatically. I've used all manners of Ebay marketing (sales, promoted listings, etc... and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

the*booknook
Adventurer

I haven't had a sale since the 24th. I've done pretty well until Feb/March and now it's not worth the effort.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

eBay is making major changes to the search engine, it was returning zero results for a lot of searches typed in for some reason and was resolving to the new 'so called product pages' with a 'see all link' that would take you to the actual search results.

Makes ZERO sense..........

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

ebay has been changing things, promotional tools and putting items on sale are more important then ever. They need sellers to pay for Promoted items to increase profit, as a new revenue stream. It wouldn't be smart form ebay's perspective to not encourage paying to promote your items. Also putting items on sale and other promotions (discounted items) are now sortable/searchable and get higher placement and visibility. In short I think many small sellers in crowded categories may be playing by the same rules they always have but the game has changed. Some small sellers with a big following, niche products or have little competition may not notice the changes much, if at all.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

I have to agree. I don't understand why eBay would want to shoot themselves in the foot. They've been losing sales for the past few years and they aren't making it any better for buyers or sellers.

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

Sales in the past month or so hs dropped significantly, almot non at all, what is going on,e bay wants us to pay more with less or no sales--kinds of crazy isn't it ??????

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

school is out, taxes due, gone on vacation, dishwasher broke, since the cheerleaders forgot to mention these reasons, I took it upon myself to do so..

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

I've done everything, promoting, sales etc... nothing helps...I'd used to adverage 10 sales a day and yesturday was the first I had none, and I have several stores and accounts I sell on. It's Terrible. 

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

@4stringfiddle wrote:

I've done everything, promoting, sales etc... nothing helps...I'd used to adverage 10 sales a day and yesturday was the first I had none, and I have several stores and accounts I sell on. It's Terrible. 

and then to think with such horrible sales recently, when the 16 month rule finally starts getting some traction and they start pulling down listings right and left it will make it "better"..LOL

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

I do promotions and sales constantly,  ain't working... 

Message 15 of 42
latest reply