cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay payouts

Its just simply amazing. Ebay takes away PayPal from us so that they can make the money on the payouts now they offer us the option to have it sent to or bank atm card but of course for a extra 1.5 percent. Absolutely ridiculous there not charging us enough. Heaven for bid you give a dam about the seller that make you your dam money and stop sticking it to us ever chance you get.    

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Ebay payouts

If you're signed up for daily payouts, you should be getting money every day if you're selling regularly.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 46
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I got 3 payouts this week. I paid no extra fee for that to happen.

Was it instant like PP?  No.

Do I care? No. YMMV

It is only 30 minutes in MP.  There isn't much of a difference.

You are correct, as it refers to "funds transfers".

My bad. I did not clarify what I was referring to. With PP "funds availability" was instant when the buyer paid, and could be spent right from there nearly instantly to in the OP's case, purchase inventory.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

No its not a trivial thing. If your selling a good amount weekly and needing your money to buy inventory every week it would be nice to get access to your funds and not every 3 to 5 days. 

If you are waiting 3-5 days after a payout is sent, then you need to check with your bank as to why their process takes so much time.  The processes of your bank has nothing to do with Ebay at all.

When my payouts are released on Tuesdays, I have an email from my bank before noon on Wednesday that my money has arrived.  So for me it takes less than 24 hours.

If you are having cash flow issues, that can be caused by many things however not likely to a day delay in getting your money from Ebay.  It would go deeper than that.  You may find it helpful to take a closer look at that.  Or even apply for a small line of credit at your bank so that you can get your inventory as quickly as you like and payoff the line of credit as your sales roll in.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

@jameshen1 wrote:

Bwahaha.  If anyone knows about the fees, and costs to sell, it is mam90831.

@jameshen1 

Very kind of you to say, thank you.  I'm not sure how true it is, but thank you for the compliment.  😍

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

You don't even need to chime in. You selling nothing so you have no clue whats going on. 

And you don't need to be rude.

Some members post in the community with what we call Posting IDs.  There is a variety of reasons for doing this in order to protect your selling account, one of those reasons is to keep those that may get upset with the advice given and take it out on the seller's account.  So they protect their ID.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

Well no you don't care you don't sell enough that it matter's. If you sold enough it would be nice to access your money not ever 3 to 5 days. What I'm getting at is to transfer it to a debt care should not be a extra charge. We pay enough

And if you owned the company you would also chare to do such because it makes you more money man....

Its that bottom line thing you see.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

I'm not understanding any of this. Can someone please tell me if linking my debit card to eBay is a good or bad idea?  I'm not a whiz when it comes to financial matters. Don't know if this is the right thing to do. Thanks for your help.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

@theyesterdayshop 

Announced in June.

Some like it. Some do not.

Some need it. Some do not.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Flexible-payout-options-now-available/ba-p/33004121

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Also the so-called "instant" payment comes with a risk to the entity handling the money - no payment is "instant'" it's basically a loan against funds being processed - loans cost money because they involve indemnity.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 24 of 46
latest reply

With the eBay MP "instant" the transfer is from "available" funds.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

...  Why some have forgotten that about PayPal makes no sense.

I don't think they forgot.   I think they did not understood the fees then, any more then than they understand the fees now.   Further, the "paperwork" was split then and evidently vast numbers of sellers never added the PayPal and the eBay figures together to see what the total takeout was.  Now they see it one place and they get all knotted up about it, even though it's about the same, or a bit less, than it was before.

-

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

No its not a trivial thing. If your selling a good amount weekly and needing your money to buy inventory every week it would be nice to get access to your funds and not every 3 to 5 days. 

re adjust your finances to were this is not a necessity. Most folks that buy and sell do so.

You have gotten use to it being immediately available; adjust your system to were it is not.

Its not hard to so.

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

well If you don't mind paying a extra 1.5 percent to get your money then its no problem.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

@theyesterdayshop wrote:

I'm not understanding any of this. Can someone please tell me if linking my debit card to eBay is a good or bad idea?  I'm not a whiz when it comes to financial matters. Don't know if this is the right thing to do. Thanks for your help.

Getting money faster cost you more money:: so why would one do it??

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

OP, I'm with you. That eBay can only get our money to us immediately by setting up a system that imposes a fee is outrageous.

I'm not going to "buy" in to it.  I am still unhappy with the slower payouts under eBay managed payments, but I'm used to it enough not to pay eBay one more dime for any reason.

To other posters, this is fair criticism. eBay sold managed payments on less cost, not on "equal" cost.

By your responses, sad to see you are still ganging up on any poster that criticizes managed payments. Using the same tactic: We must not understand how the money works.  Then belittling how we critics are worrying about "little things" that are far beneath the worry of the rest of you.

Nope. I do understand. I don't like much eBay does.  They are not an ethical organization. That you don't understand how we critics could care about a 1.5 percent charge for easy access to our own money is on you.

Now, please, skip the next step, don't hit me up in the normal "wounded" rebuttal phase where one of you express how offended you are that I criticized a community volunteer. Get over it. 

Message 30 of 46
latest reply