cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay payouts

Its just simply amazing. Ebay takes away PayPal from us so that they can make the money on the payouts now they offer us the option to have it sent to or bank atm card but of course for a extra 1.5 percent. Absolutely ridiculous there not charging us enough. Heaven for bid you give a dam about the seller that make you your dam money and stop sticking it to us ever chance you get.    

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Ebay payouts

I got 3 payouts this week. I paid no extra fee for that to happen.

Was it instant like PP?  No.

Do I care? No. YMMV

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 

Paypal charged the same type of fee for sending money to our checking accounts within minutes too.  So how is this different?  Just because Ebay gets the fee instead of PayPal?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 46
latest reply

Just have the funds sent to your checking account on your regular schedule and there won't be an extra fee.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

Its just simply amazing. Ebay takes away PayPal from us so that they can make the money on the payouts now they offer us the option to have it sent to or bank atm card but of course for a extra 1.5 percent. Absolutely ridiculous 

You are under no obligation to enroll in that payment program and the only thing that is ridiculous is sellers who would select to have that extra fee taken out for such a trivial convenience, at least trivial for most of us.

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

Yes PayPal charged a fee. Hello we are already paying a 2.7 fee to get out money on top of the selling fee about 11 percent plus the transaction fee.    Helps to know what your being charged to sell. 

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

Well no you don't care you don't sell enough that it matter's. If you sold enough it would be nice to access your money not ever 3 to 5 days. What I'm getting at is to transfer it to a debt care should not be a extra charge. We pay enough

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

eBay didn't "take Paypal away from us" (Paypal isn't candy and we're not babies LOL) - the two companies split (eBay tried to prevent it) years ago.

If we still had Paypal, we would be paying more in fees than we do now as they raised their rates.  As it is, rates are roughly similar.

You can get daily payouts (I get weekly payouts).

ETA: eBay as late on board with managed payments - most of the busier marketplaces manage their own payments now. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Bwahaha.  If anyone knows about the fees, and costs to sell, it is mam90831.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

No its not a trivial thing. If your selling a good amount weekly and needing your money to buy inventory every week it would be nice to get access to your funds and not every 3 to 5 days. 

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

Yes PayPal charged a fee. Hello we are already paying a 2.7 fee to get out money on top of the selling fee about 11 percent plus the transaction fee.    Helps to know what your being charged to sell. 

People seem to have such short memories.  PayPal charged us a 2.9% fee plus a 30 cent per transaction fee [which is now 49 cents].  

We have Always paid a FVF to Ebay for selling stuff on their site.  Ebay charged us about 10.2% when they moved us to Managed payments.  

So PRE MP, we paid 2.9% to PP + 10.2% to Ebay = 13.10% total fees plus the 30 cent per transaction fee.

Now we pay 12.9% to Ebay plus a 30 cent per transaction fee, which covers everything.  Money processing fees and final value fees for what we sold.

So I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make.  The cost is about the same in MP as it was in PP.  The fee they are charging for an express payment is about the same as what was charged by PP.  

You are absolutely correct, knowing the fees is very important to a seller's survival.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

You don't even need to chime in. You selling nothing so you have no clue whats going on. 

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I got 3 payouts this week. I paid no extra fee for that to happen.

Was it instant like PP?  No.

Do I care? No. YMMV

It is only 30 minutes in MP.  There isn't much of a difference.

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

To start with, you don't know how much I sell 🙂

My payouts can flow in on a "daily basis" (at last 5 days a week).

Only 3 "payouts" this week because I am on "time away".

a 3-5 day delay after it starts to "flow" is a trivial inconvenience.

As others posted PP charged for "instant transfers".

I don't have a cash flow problem, so have never used instant funds transfers, but don't most places charge for such actions?????

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

Well no you don't care you don't sell enough that it matter's. If you sold enough it would be nice to access your money not ever 3 to 5 days. What I'm getting at is to transfer it to a debt care should not be a extra charge. We pay enough

You make the same points as I've seen other posters make.  But while I'm not defending the cost of the fees, IDK why it was OK to pay the fees to PP but when it comes to Ebay it is very upsetting for some.  This to me makes no sense at all.  

In PP and in MP, transferring money to your checking account takes 1-4 days depending on the seller's bank.  This is the same for both sites.  

In PP you could get an instant transfer for a FEE and it would land in minutes.  In MP it is a little different, while there is still a fee, it does take about 30 minutes or so they say to arrived.

Both methods had fees.  Why some have forgotten that about PayPal makes no sense.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply