cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay note in an order

Hello Sellers, Today I got an order and it says ebay note: Ship by: Monday June 5.

So I don't ship now and I wait till June 5??

Thank you 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay note in an order

Hello @human0549-5 and welcome!

The note says to ship by June 5. So ship any time between now and June 5th as long as you have been paid by the buyer. Check your paypal account to confirm. If you have been paid and are able to ship today then go for it.

The "ship by" date is based on the handling time you added to your listing. That looks like you chose a 7 day handling time. 7 business days plus weekends brings you to June 5. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @human0549-5 and welcome!

The note says to ship by June 5. So ship any time between now and June 5th as long as you have been paid by the buyer. Check your paypal account to confirm. If you have been paid and are able to ship today then go for it.

The "ship by" date is based on the handling time you added to your listing. That looks like you chose a 7 day handling time. 7 business days plus weekends brings you to June 5. 

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I think the Ship by date in the ebay note is in accordance to your shipping & handling time. I don't know full details on this new note thing, but it literally is something new that just popped up over night. I sold some items yesterday and it wasn't there. Woke up this morning and I see a ship by note on my orders from overnight. However mine say to ship by today, 5/26, and I have a 1-day shipping & handling.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Actually I had choosed only 2 business days, this is the first time is shows me this note, I will ship it for him as soon as possible

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Oh, weird. If it's the backpack then I do see a 2 business day handling time.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

2 Business Days would be next Wednesday (May 30th)  for a purchase made today (Sat/Sun/Memorial Day) .. Tuesday would be the 1st business day ... Monday the 5th would be the 5th business day 😞

Looks like eBay is counting the holiday, but added a week??? That would be typical 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

2 Business Days would be next Wednesday (May 30th)  for a purchase made today (Sat/Sun/Labor Day) .. Tuesday would be the 1st business day ... Monday the 5th would be the 5th business day 😞

Looks like eBay is counting the holiday, but added a week??? That would be typical 😞

They're not doing that in the estimated delivery dates in my listings. And the email advising me of a sale this morning says, "Make sure you send it within 1 day, the handling option you selected in your listing". It says nothing about a specific calendar date.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I just noticed the note on an order I shipped this morning.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I just noticed the note on an order I shipped this morning.

Where is the note showing up? Email? Seller page?

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

On the solds section of the selling page

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Mine says "Ship by Tuesday, May 30", which is the correct date. OP is registered in Malaysia; maybe that's causing a glitch in the calculation. Or maybe their postal system is taking a holiday.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I thought Saturday was considered a business day.  I have two orders I am putting together tonight.  I have 1 day handling so I was told that if I sell on Friday it has to be at post office on Saturday.  

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@iwaroaddog wrote:

I thought Saturday was considered a business day.  I have two orders I am putting together tonight.  I have 1 day handling so I was told that if I sell on Friday it has to be at post office on Saturday.  

eBay does not consider Saturday a business day. Who told you an item sold on Friday has to be shipped on Saturday? If your items sold before midnight Pacific time, then by eBay's clock they were sold Thursday, not today, and if you offer 1-day handling, they have to ship TODAY, not Saturday.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

I have a 2 day business handling time and the messages Ebay is sending are not correct. Sold an item on the 28th and they say to mail by Wed, May 31st ??  Monday was a postal holiday ?? Is this message going to the customer also ?  This can cause many problems like negative feedback and useless emails ??

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@raegan-co wrote:

I have a 2 day business handling time and the messages Ebay is sending are not correct. Sold an item on the 28th and they say to mail by Wed, May 31st ??  Monday was a postal holiday ?? Is this message going to the customer also ?  This can cause many problems like negative feedback and useless emails ??

@raegan-co

Of course Monday was a postal holiday. Memorial Day is a postal holiday every year. You could even look it up on the USPS website.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply