cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay member threatens to tell my buyer I'm selling a fake item.

An Ebayer doesn't think I am selling a legitimate item.  So they have threatened to tell my buyer that what I am selling is fake so they will return it....

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Ebay member threatens to tell my buyer I'm selling a fake item.

@kato1940 wrote:

An Ebayer doesn't think I am selling a legitimate item.  So they have threatened to tell my buyer that what I am selling is fake so they will return it....

Whatever you do, make sure you don’t tell that ebayer your buyer’s username.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Thank you very much.....appreciated.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Great Story.  Thank you so much for weighing in.  Regards.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Yes!....Great Point

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Harrassment .......

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Yes!...Thank you.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Yes,  I've had it for 26 years and shown to many collectors.  Someone in the U.K. is screaming fake and it's American produced.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Thank you so much.  You are appreciated.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Thank you so much.  Regards....

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

That buyer has a lot of time on their hands and spending it harassing you and they are not able to tell your buyers anything because they will never know who they are on your selling history. Block this crazy person immediately.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Just curious, are they even trying to point out what makes them think the item is fake, from just photos and description?  Also is this person a seller (do they have items for sale) and in the same category as your item?   That's where this kind of trouble usually comes from, bitter rivalry.  

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

WOAH...first, without attacking either seller or buyer, nothing has been shown or stated by the seller and buyer if the product is Fake or real. No pictures, no postings. If the seller is really selling fake items and is scared to be outed (which I have seen) everyone helping them by providing blocking techniques and the inability to see the fact items from the buyer, is not helping other buyers (Beware). FACTS FIRST!

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Prove the item is real. IF you cannot, then the buyer has a legitimate claim.  Work it out with the buyer before this turns into a one sided war.

"First, without attacking either seller or buyer, nothing has been shown or stated by the seller and buyer if the product is Fake or real. No pictures, no postings. If the seller is really selling fake items and is scared to be outed (which I have seen) everyone helping them by providing blocking techniques and the inability to see the fact items from the buyer, is not helping other buyers (Beware). FACTS FIRST!"

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

@sports_doc1 wrote:

Prove the item is real. IF you cannot, then the buyer has a legitimate claim.  Work it out with the buyer before this turns into a one sided war.

The person making the threats is not the buyer. The person making the threats has no way of identifying the buyer anyway.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply