cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is getting over run with fake products

Ebay really needs to have a program to locate fake products.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Ebay is getting over run with fake products

What is eBay to do? Test the lotion? Why would they take your word? You could be a competitor trying to hurt your competition. The best thing if you want to get involved in this is to notify Victoria Secret and let them deal with the issue themselves. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@invisilynwrote:

Shallow thinking on your part. Did you ever consider the buyer who READS EVERYTHING AND FULLY INFORMS THEMSELVES prior to buying something....only to receive a wrong/fradulent product? Sounds to me like youre perhaps...a SELLER, YOURSELF...

Youre making comments totally 1 sided...the word FAKE....tells you right there that the buyer has no way of finding out something is FAKE until they receive it RIGHT? My god, do his homework? Last time I checked sellers dont post anywhere that something theyre sending will be different than what the description states....

Shady sellers- making money off of each technicality....DONT STOP AT WHAT A SELLER TELLS YOU, GUYS...just call ebay, explain and if defrauded, theyll see to it you get refunded, losing ZERO $S. 

It depends. 

I have several fake coins purchased on eBay.  All but one of those, I knew they were fake (the listing did not say so), because they were offered from China, at a miniscule fraction of what a real one would be worth, and the thing in the pictures was clearly... fake!  In that case, there certainly is a way for the buyer to know, but reporting the listings to eBay is generally useless.  I probably could have filed a claim and got my couple of bucks back, but I didn't, I knew what I was buying when I bought it. 

Last time I checked sellers dont post anywhere that something theyre sending will be different than what the description states...

True, although the sellers' feedback profiles did in fact state this was likely, their past buyers had indeed posted it somewhere.  That's "doing homework", something eBay now discourages.

The other one was purchased from a U.S. seller.  In that case you are correct, he'd pictured a genuine item, but he didn't send me what was in the picture.  What he sent me was a cheap Chinese replica that was clearly fake.  Without tracking.  SMH!

Shady sellers- making money off of each technicality....DONT STOP AT WHAT A SELLER TELLS YOU, GUYS...just call ebay, explain and if defrauded, theyll see to it you get refunded, losing ZERO $S. 

That is apparently how eBay has chosen to deal with this.  If the buyer files a claim and asserts it's fake, they give the buyer 100% of their money back.  That's only a small % of the fake items listed, so it's more efficient for eBay that way rather than trying to deal with the listings.  Many buyers won't file claims though, and still others will never realize they bought a fake until it's way too late to do anything about it. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

To be 100% honest, I wouldn't know the difference.

And I'm not sure I would care if the item I got served my purpose.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

FUNKO POPS ..these are collectibles. They are making knockoffs of a trademarked and patent product. Its blatant. I can't even pull up the real items , because the whole page is full of knockoffs. I might have to find another platform so this product can be seen and sold.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

FUNKO POPS. DRAGONBALL Z TO BE EXACT.  They need ebay police to keep the intergrity of the platform. A lot of these sellers have a ton of negatives already and are still up and running selling the fakes. People are actually writing that the product was fake.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

They do have a program to detect fakes.  There so called experts that report to ebay everytime they find something fake.   We can count on them they dont ever make a mistake.    Best regards

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Look up Disney pin lots. 

tons and tons of knockoffs, fakes and scrappers (didn't pass quality control) One seller has over 100,000 feedback and that's all they sell.

Never do they say they are authentic, they dance with wording like "fully tradable in the parks" well, the park trades anything that look remotely authentic and does that to not upset their customer. Besides the majority of the pins on those trader boards are also fake. 

One guy has a rating of 56,000, is 98.9% and a top rated seller and ALL he sells are fake pins.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 22 of 22
latest reply