cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay seller to the stars!

It's too bad all of us can't name which celebrities we've sold to before. It'd be interesting o hear who we've all sold to.

When you find out you've sold to a star, it's pretty cool... I'm just sayin'

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I agree. I have sold to a celebrity before. At first I thought it was just some guy with the same name. He is no longer acting but a former child star. I looked him up and sure enough what I found showed he lived in the same town where the item was being shipped. I thought it was really cool. I told family & friends but they didn't seem to believe me. Why I'd make that up is beyond me, what would I have to gain from that? But, I still find it very cool and still excited about it. 

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Yes, that is pretty cool!  I did a special order several years ago for a famous musician.  

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I really like it when I sell items to museums, historical societies, Ivy league universities and the props depts of movie studios.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

@smenkveld wrote:

I really like it when I sell items to museums, historical societies, Ivy league universities and the props depts of movie studios.

Me too. When I first started selling all of my childhood magazine posters from the 80s I sold some in bulk. I put together 20 posters of Kirk Cameron that actually sold to a museum in Hollywood, CA. Who would have thought posters that hung on my wall as a kid & teen would go to a museum. But of course my husband said it was most likely just someone who worked there who bought it but who knows. They were in wonderful shape. 

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I've had several vintage costume jewelry pieces go to TV shows. It's always cool to watch the show and think "that came from me!"
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

I sell music memorabilia and have sold several things to the musicians collecting their own memorabilia. 

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

I sold something to a musician a few years back. I recognized the name right away, and thought what are the chances.  The address was in care of a company, with the musicians name. I googled the company, and sure enough it was a recording company. I kept the receipt of the shipping label.   

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

I sold a number of tokens to historical societies or museums in the town in question. Lots of these places pay a pretty good price with no  haggling to ensure they win the item.

Cheers, C.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Ha, these are great stories!

I'm trying to imagine a celebrity buying some used electronics from me but I don't really see that happening, LOL! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

I sold two things to the prop department of two major TV shows (still on air!) and a few weeks ago, I saw one episode of said show on and went out loud...

"THOSE ARE MY CUPS! I SOLD THEM THOSE CUPS!"

Still looking out for the other item I sold to the other show, but, haven't spotted it in any episode yet.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

I just sold something to a tv show the other day.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

I haven't sold to a celebrity (to my knowledge, anyway) but I have sold to some brand headquarters (Kraft, Best Foods, American Can, etc) for their own collections, some museums and a university archive.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Not through ebay, but I have stuff on That 70s show and the movie Pearl Harbor that I know of.  A couple of years ago I shipped to the Tonight Show.  I have shipped to museums.    Lately I have shipped to a couple of theaters on Broadway, an on camera special reporter for NBC news, a magazine layout, and a prop company.

A lot of the big celebs have people buying for them, we wouldn't know for sure we sold to them.  I sold something to a show years ago and the buyer chatted with me a bit about it.

(*Bleep*)
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Whoa you actually are an eBay seller to the stars. I've only had about 2-3 that I know of myself. A friend of mine sold a bunch of belts (new not used) to someone then found out it was the wardrobe department to a popular movie a few years ago. So now when he sees the movie, he's all "those are my belts!" Haha.

A little off topic... when it was still on the air, my siblings and I discovered that our family has the exact same dining table/chair set as the Bundys in Married with Children. Not sure if that's such a good thing to brag about though, haha.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply