cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay fees getting out of hand...

I don't know about anyone else, but these eBay/PayPal fees are getting out of hand. I'm a small startup business and barely getting by, I can't afford to pay all these added fees! I can't afford to pay monthly and annual subscription fees to a store so I can list all of my products on ebay so I just don't. Meanwhile, I'm selling on Etsy and they're half the fees (7.2% to be specific)! Ebay is charging me 13.6% off the top of every sale and they don't even advertise for us in google unless we pay some ridiculous additional marketing charges!

EBAY, YOU ARE LOSING BUSINESS BECAUSE YOU PRICE GOUGE

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Ebay fees getting out of hand...

Nope........fees are what they are.........and presumably you knew coming in what they were or found out soon after.......

You make your money when you buy the item, not when you sell it.  In other words, you buy what will bring in the profits you have determined you need......considering the overhead you have.....that's Business 101

If the items aren't profitable on ebay.......list them elsewhere.......as many do.........

jmo

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Yes, I am revisiting my listings and slimming down.  I have found other sites to be more reasonable and at least one with better exposure.  eBay presents itself as taking less than 10% but ultimately taking 20% and really much more with all of their monthly fees. That's too much in my opinion. There are items I will no longer sell on eBay due to their fees.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@yorkiegirltoo wrote:

Yes, I am revisiting my listings and slimming down.  I have found other sites to be more reasonable and at least one with better exposure.  eBay presents itself as taking less than 10% but ultimately taking 20% and really much more with all of their monthly fees. That's too much in my opinion. There are items I will no longer sell on eBay due to their fees.

Please tell me how Ebay takes 20%...and if you say it's because they charge 10% on the item sale and 10% on the shipping I think I'll scream.  (math, people....math)

dang it, sucked into a necrothread Smiley Frustrated

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 33 of 37
latest reply

Mods - will you please lpck these old threads!\\

I thought I was going nuts- seeing an OP complaining about jow a store is too expensive and yet he's listing over 500 items. I thought the guy doesn't know how to do math - then saw  the thread is a year old.

You just like messing with us old folks don't ya - seeing if we're observent - obviously I'm not!

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Nobody is being forced to sell on EBAY, but unfortunately it's about the only game in town right now. If people stop listing on EBAY, maybe, just maybe they will get the message

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

If you factor in the basic monthly store fee of $20.00, you might get to 13%. depending on what your volume was.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 37 of 37
latest reply