cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay continues to enable dishonest buyers with this policy

"Seller should cover the cost of return shipping and offer a paid return shipping"

Right so not only will bad buyers buy merchandise, alter it for parts and such, damage it, and want to return it, but now seller also has to pay for the return shipping.  Another slap in the face.   

And you have nothing to stand on because disputes dept. will always side with the buyer.  Been there done that.

Ebay you know what you can do with your top rated seller status that now requires compliance with this policy.

Unbelievable!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay continues to enable dishonest buyers with this policy

You got that right. It is absolutely ridiculous how much ebay has set up policies to allow buyer scammers to screw the sellers over.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@wildflower115 wrote:

"Seller should cover the cost of return shipping and offer a paid return shipping"

Right so not only will bad buyers buy merchandise, alter it for parts and such, damage it, and want to return it, but now seller also has to pay for the return shipping.  Another slap in the face.   

And you have nothing to stand on because disputes dept. will always side with the buyer.  Been there done that.

Ebay you know what you can do with your top rated seller status that now requires compliance with this policy.

Unbelievable!

Can you imagine if we were forced to do free returns on international orders ? I wonder if thats next ?  Tulips 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Can you imagine if we were forced to do free returns on international orders ? I wonder if thats next ?  Tulips 

You don't have to imagine.  If your international buyer claims "SNAD"  you are on the hook for return postage.  It is probably more than you spent in the first place for a chance that you might get your item back.  You could always just 'refund' and let them keep the item for free. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for your post.  I've been watching this trend.  First it is recommended, then it is required.  This may go the path of returns, first they were optional, now they are required.  Good sellers who work hard to get to where they are now loose their FVF discounts by not paying for return shipping.  I have noticed several recommendations.  You should drop the price of this item.  You should remove this.  You should add this.  You should offer returns.  You should pay for this.  I can see the concern for abuse that people have voiced here. 

Apparently, we're supposed to pay for everything, which translates into MORE RETURNS and eventual bottom line LOSS.  LOSS for us is LOSS for eBay.  This sure looks like a mechanism of opression and control, an abuse of power (because we can), and then "you can't do anything about it."  Regards.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply