cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

Re: Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

I am with you !!   Pathetic ... those at the helm at E bay !!

Message 226 of 248
latest reply

@whenitsgoneitsgone wrote:

A few nights ago, while going to sleep, I was listening to a talk radio program on WHAS 840 AM out of Louisville, KY. The news broadcast came on at the bottom of the hour. I vaguely remember hearing something being said about PayPal and their plans to start their own auction site similar to eBay. This makes sense as PayPal is a trusted payments processing company and already has all of our information that they need to do so. The infrastructure is already there and in place.

Been using PayPal for years and have NEVER had an issue. Would love to see them proceed with this plan. Assuming of course that this is what I actually heard. Also vaguely remember something being said in the news broadcast that PayPal’s FVF fees would be less than eBay’s.

Yes, I understand eBay’s desire to cut PayPal out of the picture and keep all of the fees for themselves. Ebay is a business and as such, it’s all about the bottom line. I can not fault eBay for doing so. However, I just don’t know, and as such, don’t trust the company that eBay has contracted with to handle their payments. I don’t want my banking account nor SSN information shared with a company I know nothing about. And especially don’t want it sent to who knows where.

As such, I have temporarily suspended selling on eBay until someone gets this fiasco straightened out. If PayPal is indeed planning to start their own auction site, SIGN ME UP TODAY!

I guess the prospect of PayPal starting their own auction site is one side effect of Managed Payments that eBay neglected to consider.

As a test, I have listed a few items on Bonanza, but so far, not seeing much potential there. Seems all I do there is collect tokens.

However, unlike Bonanza and some other competitive auction sites, PayPal IS big enough as well as tech savvy enough to cause eBay some real headaches. Guess eBay didn’t really think about all the repercussions Managed Payments might have.

Only time will tell how this plays out.

There are a load of sites out there that do some auctions, some take Paypal.  The news that Paypal was going to start their 'own' auction site is about 20 years old, though.  I don't now why they would even bother - they're crushing the payments market - auctions may be a very worthy thing, but to Paypal starting an auction site would be a nickle and dime proposition.  They would stick to being payment processor for the 10 or so options out there already.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 227 of 248
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Maybe one of those magical items could tell the op why shes not making any sales.

Are there really still sellers who don't know you can pay for your labels with your pending MP funds?  Or that you can transfer from your bank to PayPal nearly instantly using debit card funding from within PayPal?  I print my labels from eBay, then have them take the funds from PayPal.  When PayPal gets low, I transfer from the bank to PayPal and continue on!  Customers get same/next day shipping and I get great feedback for fast deliveries and great products.

eBay has changed.  And much like the rest of things in our lives, we adapt & move forward or complain & stagnate.  I've adapted.  I'm moving forward.  And June 2021 was one of my best month since the pandemic started!

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 228 of 248
latest reply

@mobley120 wrote:

"Low sales and managed payments  have nothing to do with each other."

I guess, in a technical sense.

I think it's worth noting, sellers are also buyers... I really don't know about anyone else, but as MP has been rolling down that path, and now it's near the end, well, I've seen many many unhappy sellers all the way down that path and even more at the end of it. So perhaps there might be a downturn in sales, because sellers are buyers too: just a thought and, in that thought and, in a particular sense, the OP's complaint seems valid to me.

Just a view:

True - sellers are quite often buyers.  I know I purchase a lot of things on eBay, just not using this ID.  But I've always funded my purchases from my credit card, via PayPal.  That way, if I have an issue, I have the CC company as well as PayPal and eBay to help me get it straightened out.  If I bought wrong, that's on me - always has been, always will be.  But if it was listed wrong or delivered wrong, I like to know I have friends to help me get it corrected.

I'm actually saving time/hassles now -- my MP payments are deposited into the bank that hold my credit card - so I can transfer funds from the bank account to cover the credit card all in one step now.  And I can use PayPal or just use my credit card directly - so buying hasn't really changed for me.  And selling has gotten a bit easier.

I do miss receiving all those payments into PayPal and not earning interest on them tho....

-Bob.

PS: if disgruntled sellers-as-buyers are impacting sales as much as everyone says.... then eBay is just a rotating vortex of cash!  We bring it in from a few new buyers and a bunch of seller-buyers, then spend it with other sellers, who spend it with other sellers, who spend it with other sellers......  meaning there may only be a few a 10% actual non-selling customers who buy things here -- the rest is just that rotating vortex!!

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 229 of 248
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

how ridiculous. I can understand not liking the delay of a bank transfer (though ebays is not long, I did appreciate being able to when really low on funds, immediately get paypal money.) but if you are not shipping for four days I would NEVER buy from you. I always pay for labels thru pending funds.

Message 230 of 248
latest reply

@jb5710 wrote:

Do you have your MP set up for weekly or daily?  I have been getting mine within 2 days with no problem.  You might want to check your setup.

I think you replied to me by mistake.  I didn't sign up for MP and am no longer selling on Ebay.  But Ebay is still holding my funds they owe me for a couple of sales I had.  They say they can't give it to me unless I sign up with checking acct and Soc Sec No.  That is exactly why I quit selling.  I can always get another checking acct but not another Soc Sec No. if something happens.  I told them just give me a credit on my acct (which they've done before when there was a mistake) and it would benefit them, too, because I spend it on Ebay....but they won't.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 231 of 248
latest reply

I agree with you 😍

Message 232 of 248
latest reply

Actually, you can get a new social security number if you are a victim of identity theft and your number is continued to be used. I don't know where this myth that you can never get a new one has come from.

A bit of a hassle from what I've heard but it is possible. 

Message 233 of 248
latest reply

@greencastleor wrote:

Actually, you can get a new social security number if you are a victim of identity theft and your number is continued to be used. I don't know where this myth that you can never get a new one has come from.

A bit of a hassle from what I've heard but it is possible. 

Yes, maybe you can get a 'new' one but let me say this differently.  If someone gets your Soc Sec No. it can ruin you financially for a very long time, and you might not ever recover from it.  I know someone that went through this, and for the small amount  that Ebay allows us to keep, no sale is worth what can happen if someone gets your SS No.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 234 of 248
latest reply

I agree, I sell small amounts just a few hundred items per year but I have been with eBay for over 20 years. I have been waiting for a payment and now I have to open a missing payment  case. The buyer paid. eBay instantly charged me the fee but I have no payment. 
I am out. Sure maybe eBay does not care, but if enough people leave perhaps they will listen . So….. I am out.

Facebook marketplace has been working.

maybe I’ll start my own auction site and I’ll use PayPal!   I’ll call it    “Mebay”

Message 235 of 248
latest reply

LOL...I'll move to meBay.  

Message 236 of 248
latest reply

Customers also see your ship schedule...so, yes, that could easily cause slow sales. EBay takes four days to put buyer's money into the seller's account, longer if it's a holiday or weekend sale.  I won't ship before I get my payment and my sales are down a bit, too.  I'm a hobby seller so I don't really care but if I were selling for a living I would go elsewhere.

Message 237 of 248
latest reply

Hi

I hope not arrive late to this discussion since I'm also really concern about my sales decrease on the past 2 months since they MP started . I've been selling supplements for women on Ebay since 2006 , as an average I used to sell between 200-250 items per month but since the payment methods changed all my business went down now I'm selling no more than 50 - 70 ( considering that  this month I've had to start using promotion coupons with 15% or 20% OFF to attract buyers but with terrible results also  )

I honestly can't figure it out if there is a direct relationship between MP and slow sales but for sure it seems like the buyers are gone because now I don't even receive questions about my listing or best offers 

If someone can suggest any good alternative to ebay  (besides Amazon because I'm located in Peru and I can't find a way to open an account from here ) I would really appreciated it , I've tried bonanza on last year with good results but it has worked just for 2 o 3 months with good sellings but then suddenly after paying for their yearly titanium program (quite expensive by the way ) my sales also disappeared.

I'm getting really worry about this situation since my business is been really affecting about this situation so if someone can bring any ideas would be quite helpful 

Thanks 

Message 238 of 248
latest reply

the notification email that all ebay users saw that notified them of Ebay no longer allowing sellers to be paid via Paypal.

1) I never saw that notification on any of my accounts nor on either site I use.

2) EBay does allow sellers to be paid by their customers using Paypal. They must however use Managed Payments to receive the PP payment and to transfer money to their bank account.

3) Looking at any seller who is in Managed Payments, the PP logo remains prominent.

4)Buyers Don't Read ™

Message 239 of 248
latest reply

@laurabell616 wrote:

Customers also see your ship schedule...so, yes, that could easily cause slow sales. EBay takes four days to put buyer's money into the seller's account, longer if it's a holiday or weekend sale.  I won't ship before I get my payment and my sales are down a bit, too.  I'm a hobby seller so I don't really care but if I were selling for a living I would go elsewhere.

I will never understand this "wait until I get my payment" way of handling sales.  Imagine if your grocer did the same!  You check out, run your card, leave, and come back in 4 days to get your purchases!  I don't think that grocer would last very long.  Do you pay your hairdresser/barber 4 days in advance, so they have their payment  'in the bank' before you are allowed to sit and get that much needed trim?  Probably not.

Any retailer who put a four day hold on taking home your purchases if you used plastic would likely not be in business long.

Set your shipping labels to draw from pending funds -- you know, the money the customer gave you so you would send them what they wanted.  It eliminates the wait to pay for the label.  And eBay has confirmed payment thru their CC processor - you will get your money, less shipping if you used pending funds, exactly as promised.  And your customers will get their orders that much quicker and be that much happier and maybe come back to buy again!

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 240 of 248
latest reply