cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Views Vs Bonanza Views

I started a Bonanza account yesterday. Imported my ebay listings to Bonanza. I have more listing views in Bonanza in less than 24 hours, than listing for a month on ebay.  Once ebay came out with their new view count, my sells drop 85% from being a Top Rated Seller to below standards seller. To punish sellers more, if you become below standards, ebay takes away promoted listing option, so you can not promote your items.  I called ebay about this, and customer support is no help at all. It was the small sellers that put ebay on the map, now ebay has totally betrayed sellers. 

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Views aren't sales. You can get 1,000 views on an item in a day, but if it doesn't sell after all of that, what good are those views?

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

Let us know about sales, not views. The reason Bonanza has more views is because it promotes the listings to Google search better. But sales are really bad over there (can be just 3 sales in 12 months lol) -I don`t know what they do wrong. 

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Bonanza is pretty dusty and musty - I tried selling there for two years and all I did was remove stuff from my listings there that had sold elsewhere.  😒  You have to buy 'turbo packs' and all of this hoo-hah.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

How would the view count eBay shows you have any correlation to your sales? 

eBay used to show you a combination of human views and bot views. Now it shows you human views only. How does that impact your actual sales?

.˙ʇ,usǝop ʇI  :ɹǝʍsu∀

Correlation does not imply causation.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

Views do not matter. What matter is selling an item and actually getting paid for it.  Come back in 2 weeks and let us know how you are doing.   The problem with Bonanza is that not even someone like me will sign up for it to buy stuff.  I don't collect stuff as much as I used to . I rarely bid with this account.  I , at least know what Bonanza is .  Not too many folks do.  So how can you get a lot of sales there.  The bottom line is that Ebay has the most buyers.   That is why I am still here.

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Hey, @pburn  how did you do this >>>> .˙ʇ,usǝop ʇI  :ɹǝʍsu∀

Sorry, off topic but interested LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

Bonanza might be OK for some. But tried there for a bit and even the people that sell there successfully in their forums says you gotta put in a lot of the effort vs whatever Bonanza does. Do their own advertising or something. Etc. They just don't have the customer base to warrant staying there. For me at least. And when or if they ever do, they'll probably raise their fees to handle hiring more people and server costs.

I have thought about going back at some point and upping the ad rate to 10 or 30% and see if that helps any as an experiment. But I feel like if I do that, I will either not make any money even with their lower fees. Or will have to nearly double the item price to make it worth it. But maybe I'll just do it with some stuff I don't care if I break even or not. Some day, maybe.

I do like how they handle shipping though. Think I recall it being a free rate up to a dollar value, and then they start charging a percentage.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

Hope this works out for you, more exposure for items does help some sellers. I didnt have luck there,  but that was about 3 years ago. 

I did not realize that below standard prevented a seller from using promoted listings, since I have thankfully never fallen into that, thank you for bringing that to my attention. Always happy to learn, it"s an ongoing process.

Best of luck to you & please come back & share your experiences.

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

I used "views' just to see what volume of activity my item was getting for my cheap items  that I initially wanted to be listed IF they were getting 10 or more views in a 30 day period.  I posted that data into an EXCEL tracking data base.  IF the item fails the '10 view' criteria three times, I deleted the item.  NO, I don't pay listing fees... it's simply that I have better things to do in lieu of having something just laying dormant with eBay.  (It's bad enough that I have a couple thousand vinyl-associated items that are MINT; and just sitting there more then one year.)  Anyway, I used that view data  also to potentially demonstrate that I was consistently getting lots of views, but the item was not being purchased.  With that data I would also decide if it was financially smart to lower that cheap priced item a little bit more!  BEFORE YOU RESPOND,  READ THE NEXT PARAGRAPH.

Once eBay eliminated 90-95% of that view data, I spoke with Seller Support...they are generally great, but this conversation was 'out of their pay grade'.  So I wrote to the eBay CEO!  I was immediately contacted by someone who proved to me that he was an overall expert on this new (UNFORTUNATE) view process.  That is when I was introduced to the BOT process....swear word!  After several different technical discussions, I was forced to modify my eBay/EXCEL process to:  (1)  On selective records and/or picture sleeves, I now post that they are there for a maximum of six months....PERIOD!; (2) I ignore the useless view data; and (3) post them onto my EXCEL tracker so I can sort of continue my previous evaluation process.  And yes, I am doing that today!

The BOT process was new to me, but I am stuck with two process questions that I may once again contact that expert to get his input:  (1) While those BOT extractions may have bloated the view data, isn't there a technical reason why sites like Amazon, etc. are extracting that data?  Are there customers causing that based upon searches within their various systems?; (2) When a potential Buyer runs a search WITHIN eBay, and one of my items is displayed......why is that not counted as a 'view'?  The item data is there for them to consider even if they didn't 'click' on it....for me, that is a 'view'.; and (3) when  potential viewers see my item over within their Amazon/etc., I also consider that to be a 'view'.  I presume if they select it based upon the data that the Amazon/etc. system provided, that my item gets a 'view'.

BOTTOM LINE:  This new view process is a fiasco, that probably got NOT INPUT from the Selling Community (as we use to provide back in the days of the Vision Program).  I am rapidly approaching the decision to call this 19+ year 'adventure' to an end, as it has become more work with to many fees.  Okay, I am  done.... back to my vinyl HOARD!

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

Then it would be crazy to list anything here on ebay.

Why not list everything on bonanza?

Do you have anything listed here on ebay?

Why?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Millions of shoppers have chosen one of the 50 promoted similar items that they viewed after clicking yours...

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

@easm05 

You might be getting views, but are you selling anything?

Have a great day
Message 13 of 39
latest reply

You might be getting bot views on your listings on Bonana, I call it bonana because the listings usually rot on there like a rotten banana. The bots don’t buy. It’s an artificial representation. 

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

I dabbled with Bonanza a few years ago with the same type items I sell here. I don't remember the viewcounts but I do remember never selling a thing. The people just weren't there...

Message 15 of 39
latest reply