cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out in the cold again at ebay.

Most sellers are top notch at ebay.  But, at ebay when buying and selling goes well there is no need to talk to anyone at ebay.  But when buying an item and the sale goes south there is no one to communicate with,  just a run-a-round with recorded messages.   (Let me get you to the correct place to answer your questions  -  what are you calling about, you can say, returns, selling ect ect).    This is the crap you get.  Never a real person that you can talk to..   I am tired of the run-a-round.  I have been with ebay as a seller and buyer for many many years.  I'm done........

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

For buyers, generally it is not necessary to talk to anyone at eBay even to get a refund for an item not received or not as described. The process is automated.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

If it becomes necessary to contact eBay, there are ways to chat with an agent or to request a call back in North America.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Or you may be able to contact eBay via social media:

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

If you have a general question that does not involve account details, you can try asking a question here or on one of the other discussion boards. Lots of experienced users can offer advice and suggestions.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

For buyers, generally it is not necessary to talk to anyone at eBay even to get a refund for an item not received or not as described. The process is automated.

Repeating this ^^^^^ this for emphasis.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

its why after 16 years selling on ebay i quit.  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Okay then, whenever you find another selling platform that you can successfully sell the same items for a larger amount of money, please let me know!! until then, just deal with it, follow the phone prompts correctly and gather some patience, and it will all work out. As everyone else in this world, I'm sure you're frustrated with the way things are going in this crazy world too, but we all gotta deal with it and keep going. Until then, please kindly remember that we are all dealing with our own set of issues, I doubt you can find another selling platform that you'll find a live person to talk to on the phone!! Good luck in your endeavors! 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

As a buyer with a issue ebay makes it so easy to resolve your issue without having to call them.

What is your issue?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Ebay would have to tiple the fees to have a live person available for everyone.  Find the item in your purchase history and look at all the options for returning the item.  This is the internet everything is automated and computed. It's set up to be simple and impersonal.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

There is nothing difficult about buying here for BUYERS. There is no need for having to contact CS. If it's NAD, then you file a case. If it didn't get delivered, you file an INR case. Both processes are automated, and neither require talking to anyone. 

Those are the only reasons a buyer may have an issue that needs resolved. If that is too difficult for someone and the solutions are too complicated, then they should not be buying on the internet. It's how it works on all other platforms. I don't know how it could be simpler.

But, if someone demands to talk to a CS agent in one of the above situations, then they probably just want to complain at someone, or be rude and berate some poor CS agent because they are mad. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

There is a whole generation of people that want somebody, anybody else to do things for them.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

You would have to explain your situation further. It is nearly impossible to be out in the cold as a buyer on Ebay.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Seller keeps changing the delivery date and is somewhere way over there.  Tell me, where is that option?  I ordered June 3rd.  What are my options?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

What are you, a smartass?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

No help here, just a bunch of smartasses.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

The only delivery estimate that matters is the one shown at the time of your purchase, which you should be able to find in your purchase history. The day after the last estimate, you can file an item not received case. If the seller does not cooperate or provide tracking that shows delivery, after three days you can ask eBay to step in.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

It may require whistleblowers to really uncover what's going on inside of this company. Lack of communication, NDA agreements, etc. Makes you wonder after a while. Transfer of value should always be between two individuals. Third parties are often the weakest link. Costs and fees should be going down not up.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply